Start date: Oct 1, 2014,
End date: Sep 30, 2016
The TECHSCHOOLS @ EUROPE is presented in a CONSORTIUM OF 4 SCHOOL OF TECHNOLOGY (ET) based in mainland Portugal: AFTEBI (Covilhã), ESTER (Borba), FORESP (Vale de Cambra) and NOVOTECNA (Coimbra), who assumes the coordination of this 1st edition. EUROYOUTH is also part of the Consortiumto facilitate the administration, logistics and management of the mobilities.
The schools develop a quality training recognized at the national level, with employability rates above 75%. However, it is impossible to continue to miss out on the daily vocational training activity the transnational dimension of the professional careers.
Thus the project addresses the NEED to (1) include in our educational projects increasingly common elements connected with the international context, (2) filling weaknesses of vocational training, qualification and awareness for transversal competences and (3) create partnerships with other counterpart schools at an international level and consequently expand the geographic scope of partnership with the labor market and companies.
In this context, a project for the mobility of professional internships of 48 men and women graduated with VET level V, in strategic sectors for the world economy and for most countries, is the best STARTING POINT.
These strategic sectors are: Audit and Management Systems; Robotic Automation and Industrial Control; Fashion Trade; Quality Management, Environment and Security; Networks Management & Computer Systems; Industrialization of Fashion Product; Processes of Staining and Finishing of Textiles; Industrial Production – Ornamental and Industrial Stones; Mechatronics Technology; Technologies & Programming of Information Systems, Telecommunications & Networks; Technical & Functional Textiles; Environmental Tourism.
The diversity of sectors corresponds to a variety of destinations – Germany, Austria, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Spain, France, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Poland, United Kingdom, and Czech Republic – organized into 4 flows with departures between January 2015 and January 2016.
The OBJECTIVES are:
- Provide opportunities to further a practical training in a working context to graduates at an international level;
- Awake the school community for the present international sphere of life and, in particular, of the professional life;
- Increase the networks of contacts and partnerships with other entities of level V vocational training and with companies and employers.
The project is organized in Work Packages that have already established activities/tasks, dates and responsible: WP1 Project Management, WP2 Project Disclosure, WP3 Selection WP4 Pre-departure Training, WP5 Mobilities, WP6 Certification, WP7 Evaluation e WP8 Dissemination.
The main expected impacts are:
1/ FOR PARTICIPANTS
- Consolidation of professional profiles with the potential of international mobility
- Greater employability and career progression of the mobility holders
- CVs with relevant practical experiences, duly recognized, certified and recommended
- Master the techniques/technologies and trends of the work and the markets at the international sphere
- Familiarity with international/multicultural workspaces
- Know how to be and behave in a professional context: assertiveness, reliability and cooperation
- Expansion of networks of contacts as a professional asset
- Ability to identify opportunities, explore ideas and present proposals and projects
2/ FOR THE PARTNERS
- Expansion of the network of partnerships with educational bodies
- Proximity and contact with socio-cultural European sphere
- Development and exchange of working methods and good practices in relation to mobility and international internships
- Consolidation of the network of Vocational Schools, creating for this more visibility and recognition
- Discussion and reflection on European formative benchmarks: adaptation to the market needs, school-work transition, European recognition and certification
- Access to new markets, techniques and trends
- Reinforce the positive image of the level V vocational training, making it more known and recognized
The contributions of the project are connected with the objectives of Erasmus +. It will also have an important role in the development and promotion of the youngsters’ employability, and later in the fulfillment of the National Reforms Programme 2020 and the various recommendations made by various entities and agencies of the EU, as well as national policies for the accomplishment of employment and qualification of the Portuguese, since it will allow the trainees to improve technical abilities, gain social skills and grow as professionals.
"The industry continues to be the engine of innovation and of exports in advanced economies within a framework of profound change, where the specialized services gain more weight, particularly the ones connected with the R&D activities, which, in some companies , have come to 55 % of the total employment . " (McKinsey Global Institute, 2012)
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation