Start date: Aug 1, 2015,
End date: Nov 1, 2016
Project title – “YOUR CHANCE!” („TAVO ŠANSAS!“)
Location: Jaunuoliu dienos centras (JDC) Panevezys, Lithuania.
Duration -10 month (1 September 2015 – July 1, 2016)
Target group- mentally disabled youth form Jaunuoliu dienos centras and non disabled youth (volunteers)
Number of volunteers- 4 from 4 different countries
Participated countries: Austria, France, Germany, Spain.
Main project idea:
- Find time to listen and look straight into eyes;
- Learn to cry and support each other;
- Don’t be afraid to laugh and just be together;
- Always believe that this is the most wonderful day of your life.
Volunteers at JDC will work together with mentally disabled youth. They will do daily work in the chosen activity: pottery, art, sports, household chores, IT, music, technology, wool felting, theatre and so on. They will support and help young people who have special needs and who are not capable to work with the group.
In addition to the daily activities the volunteers will carry out many public projects such as: organizing exhibitions, concerts, sports festivals for town community that should show abilities of mentally disabled youth and change public attitude. Volunteers will organize special events for non disabled young people at general educational institutions that disseminate the idea of volunteering and to change young people's attitudes to mental disability peers.
Volunteer should also always find time:
- to be with disabled peer and help him, talk with him and support him.
- make friendship with mentally disabled youngsters;
- help mentally disabled in his/her everyday life;
- Listen, support, be together with mentally disabled friend!!!
The project motto: Give every single day a CHANCE to be the most wonderful day of your life. – M.Twain.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation