Taking Off 2
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
Jyväskylä Educational Consortium is profoundly committed to the development of its international activities. The strategic cornerstones have been outlined in the Strategy Silta2016+ (Bridge2016+) document for the period from 2013 to 2016. A yearly validation is run regarding the achievements. International and multicultural education of both young and adult students on upper secondary level is mainly based on the Three-level Internationalisation Model according to which all the educational fields decide upon their Annual Action Plans, and aims regarding international and multicultural activities. The model consists of Internationalisation at Home, work and study placements abroad as well as vocational and general Upper Secondary Level Qualifications with international emphasis.
The significance of the staff's international and multicultural competence is implied in the model in order to achieve targets confirmed in the international action plans. The model for adult students' internationally emphasized vocational qualifications is described in the attachment of this application.
The target group of this project, staff and professionals of adult education at Jyväskylä Educational Consortium, is partly experienced in international affairs but there are also individual staff members with less international encounters. The main aim of this project is exactly to encourage and motivate these professionals into international ideas and skills. Thus, their abilities to guide and motivate students' international choices will grow stronger. This application includes 12 mobilities for educators, teachers, trainers, study counsellors and administrative staff.
The participants will be selected according to
1. The evaluations and appraisals run in the organization;
2. One's own argumentations, expressions of interest and activity described in the individual applications emphasis being laid on ability to set targets both on individual and organisational levels;
3. One's specific educational field and its current needs for international development in general.
The participants will be prepared for the mobilities by individual search for information concerning the host country, its language and culture as well as its educational system. They will produce a report on their mobility experiences which will be discussed with their co-staff, superiors and international coordinator.
Along with the higher quality standards, the results of this project will benefit
- the participants of the project and the whole adult education organisation (by developed individual international abilities, language skills and more profound involvement of the management in international affairs as well as new possibilities for future educational partnerships);
- adult students in the long run by providing them with equal opportunities for international activities;
- the local industry;
- the regional development work.
The outcomes of the project will be disseminated inside Jyväskylä Educational Consortium including all the units and educational fields as well as among the shareholders and working life partners. Local and regional industry will immediately benefit from the employees with their updated international competences.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation