Szkoła w działaniu
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2016
The following letter was an application of Middle School no. 2 in Elk for subsidy to the project “School in Action” as a part of Erasmus + project. There is a considerable amount of students, more than 550 members of our society. The teaching staff consists of 48 educationalists.
During drawing up the project “School in Action” the following aims were determined:
1. Growth of key competences of teachers in our schools,
2. The acquisition, creation and exchange new learning experiences,
3. Development of cultural, social and civic competence among students,
4. Building skills of cooperation, communication and creativity in the teaching staff,
5. Knowledge of innovative methods and forms of work with students to introduce them to high school education system,
6. Improving the linguistic competences of teachers and students,
7. Creating a class with integrated program based on content and language integrated learning - CLIL (mathematics with English),
Eight teachers were engaged in an initiative that let the school establish a team of designers set of two English teachers, one German teacher, two Polish, one history, two math’s teachers and one speech therapist. One of the staff is both an English teacher and the head of an undertaking. They were in middle age and three of them had taken part in foreign courses earlier.
Among the main activities of the initiative there were the following:
1. Preparing teachers to participate in language and methodology courses (based on the analyzes of quality of methodology and the level of knowledge of foreign languages), the stage is carried out with cooperation of the whole school community and with employment outside company that guarantees logistical support,
2. Teachers’ participation in the foreign courses (learning new skills, developing relationships with teachers from other EU countries, the acquiring new experiences not only educational, but also cultural, tourist, social),
3. Involving young people in the projects and school camps (implementation of initiatives: English NightMare, "Global Education", other projects among Erasmus +),
4. Taking inside school initiatives to promote European nature of school, such as occasional days, for instance Day of Language or Day of the Young European,
5. Establishing school with CLIL (the class IIIa had lessons which main aspect were based on some elements of English in math, biology, geography and history classes),
6. Establishing effective cooperation with foreign schools to carry out common exit initiatives:
- during the project time German students from Integrierte Gesamtschule Halle came to our school and created English-Polish-German dictionary with some pictures,
- another German project Deutsch hat Klasse was realized in our institution; its main aim was creating German class as a friendly place to get knowledge in German language,
7. Students participation in subject contests and competitions such as "Don't be lazy English can be crazy", knowledge competition about GB, regional competitions and English song contest,
In such a way completed project it was important to achieve hard and soft results spread over a longer and in less time. In regards to the long-term effects it is needed to mention the following:
1. Giving the school a European character and prestige due to the fact of having professionally trained staff developing their skills during the exit training.
2. Modifying the school education system.
3. Acquiring competences in the management of European initiatives.
4. Improving key skills among teachers and students.
5. Improving the methodological skills of teachers and reformulating lesson plans.
6. Larger use of new technologies in education in our school.
7. Increase the involvement of students in classroom lessons.
8. Consciousness studnets' increase of the chance coming by UE
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation