Start date: Mar 2, 2015,
End date: Aug 2, 2015
One of the causes of social exclusion of young people from rural areas is the lack of political and civic participation. Two-thirds of these young people don't think they can influence decisions made by the City Council or the Mayor. Participation in political and civic activities is low, more often reduced only to the exercise of the right to vote.
The project "I am active" encourages young people from rural settlements - Giurgita (Dolj), Capreni si Sacelu (Gorj), Eselnita (Mehedinti) - and small urban settlements - Dăbuleni (Dolj) şi Horezu (Vâlcea), in Oltenia, to participate actively in decision-making in their own communities.
Specific objectives of the project:
O1. Promoting active citizenship among 198 youth for 5 months
O2. Developing skills of using participatory methods and tools for the 198 youth
O3. Supporting dialogue among stakeholders — public authorities, civil society, media - on the situation of youth in rural and small urban settlements.
The target group consists of indirect and direct beneficiaries.
240 direct beneficiaries
• 198 young people (48 members in youth organizations and informal groups, members of the county councils of students from the four counties of Oltenia, active young people in target communities of the project, the applicant’s volunteers participants at seminar) and 150 young participants in the 6 public cafes
• 5 experts in youth policy (1 Association forYoung Streets, 4 from the County Directorates for Sport and Youth in Oltenia)
• 2 experts from the Center for Public Participation
• 30 representatives of local public authorities from the target villages and towns
• 5 representatives of county public authorities
Indirect beneficiaries are the members of the communities.
The main activities of the project are:
• national seminar "I am active" held in Craiova for 5 days between 19-24 April 2015
• 6 public cafes in: Giurgita, Horezu, Dabuleni, Capreni, Eselnita si Sacelu.
At the seminar and in public cafes will participate representatives of local, County and regional authorities. Young people will make their voices heard, formulate recommendations and proposals concerning the way in which they wish to be involved in the decision-making process.
The activities will be implemented through non-formal learning methods: structured dialogue, role play, debates, brainstorming, analysis, introspection, energizers, space for reflection.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation