Start date: Aug 1, 2014,
End date: Jun 1, 2015
The idea of creating "Stay Human!" was born from the commitment of some members of Associazione Joint in activities of defense of human rights; Joint shares this mission: the right of education and the right of freedom of movement are contained in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and mentioned by the Council of Europe and the European Union and have priority in our activities and in all of our projects. Moreover, Joint wants to restart educational activities in schools, training students about human rights and involving its members and volunteers in this task. This youth exchange represents a good possibility of pratice, also in the eventuality of applying for the Council of Europe's grants.
The new program Erasmus Plus contributes, with its Actions, to fight discriminations and to make traveling and intercultural learning possible to millions of youngsters, helping to create an open-minded and toleran society. This exchange intends to reach these objectives:
- the willing of offering youngsters, with fewer opportunities or not, the possibility of personal growth in an intercultural environment;
- to use non formal education's instruments and methods in order to make youngsters understand the importance of preventing and promoting human rights;
- the possibility, thanks to the blog and to the participants' commitment, to protect and promote human rights in their local communities;
- the possibility of building long-lasting partnerships with the organizations that will take part in the project and the exchange of good practices.
Our project expects 37 participants plus 7 leaders: they are going to be girls and boys motivated about the proposed topic. In the first two days, the activities will facilitate the meeting with the other participants; at a later stage they will be about the theme of human rights through workshops and moments of comparison and debate, and throught the preparation of intercultural nights. All of the activities will be based on non formal education's methods and will facilitate the complete inclusion of all of the participants.
più 7 leader: tutti i partecipanti saranno ragazzi e ragazze molto motivati sulle tematiche proposte.
Central element of this youth exchange is the use of non formal education's techniques, with the additional support of dayly communication and comparison between leaders (reflection groups and leaders' meetings).
The expected results of this youth exchange can be summarized in:
- achievement of a bigger awareness on the importance of human rights and on discriminations (Roma people, LGBT) in the participants;
- exchanges of good practices between the partner organizations;
- active involvement of the local community of Sauze;
- possible partnership building within the participant organizations;
- promotion of the possibilities offered by the program Erasmus Plus;
- acquisition of new information technology and communicative skills, thanks to the blog.
This youth exchange will have for sure an impact on the local communities of every country involved and it will allow the promotion of international mobility at a regional level through the use of social media and newspapers; the participation of partners coming from areas of the European Union and from neighboring countries will also permit to start an interesting collaboration for future projects, with significative effects at a European level.
This project will give Joint the possibility to increase its field of work on this topic, assisted by important partners from whom it will learn new instrument of growth through the exchange of good practices.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation