Sportisks prāts - zīmējot robežas / Sporty mind - ..
Sportisks prāts - zīmējot robežas / Sporty mind - painting borders
Start date: 01 May 2015,
End date: 31 Oct 2015
Youth Exchange Sportisks prāts - zīmējot robežas or Sporty mind-painting borders brough together 30 young people from Latvia, Bulgaria, Spain, Macedonia and Germany for 9 days to Aglona. Preiļi county. Participants were age 18-30, mainly from rural areas and small towns and currently not being fully aware about a healthy lifestyle and experiencing several challenges in their lives, but having amazingly a lot of tools at their hands to change their own lives and everyday habits for better.
Project aims are to promote healthy lifestyle, improve participants mental and physical health and develop self-confidence.
Objectives of the project:
- Promote and create an understanding of healthy lifestyle with focus on mental and physical health of participants
- Build participants self-confidence and leadership skills through games and sport activities, to empower young people create change in their local environments
- Discover new ways how to use sports and games to build trust, confidence, improve communication and cooperation skills, solve gender issues
- Encourage participants to overcome their personal fears (like water, height, not trusting to other people etc) and take new challenges in life, create and fulfill dreams and aims.
- To help young people set goals and aims to be fulfilled.
- Promote healthy lifestyle as a way of thinking, including mental health and care of environment and sustainable living
- Share experiences between different countries to support healthy lifestyle, equality, inclusion and inter-cultural understanding.
All activities were carried out during the exchange were based on non-formal learning, cross sectional learning, creativity development, self-paced learning, group learning and team work and carried out by participants themselves. Methods such as teamwork, role-play, discussions, cross sectoral learning, sport activities, individual tasks and other sport activities.
Project inspired participants thinking and behavior towards more healthy living and sport activities in their everyday. They are involved in more exercises, eating healthier and being aware what stress can cause, taking chargeof their lives and inspiring other young people to take action instead of complaining.
Get Access to the 1st Network for the European Cooperation