Start date: Apr 1, 2015,
End date: Dec 31, 2015
The project “Speak Up!” aims to raise awareness about the importance of public speaking, at an international level. Speaking freely or in front of a large crowd represents for many young people a problem. Developing the public speaking competences of the young participants through continuous practice, social inclusion, integration and appreciation resolves the needs of the participants for healthy self-esteem, high performance and personal satisfaction.
The objectives of this project are:
- Establishing a proper setting for intercultural cooperation between young people and youth workers,
- Creating the opportunity for young people and youth workers to practice and to improve their public speaking competences,
- Organizing working groups in order to facilitate the development of participants`public speaking skills,
- Developing the participants’ self-evaluation and self-appreciation competences,
- Raising awareness about the importance of public speaking competences in participants` employability,
- Empowering young people by supporting their entrepreneurial initiatives.
The participants were motivated, assertive and enthusiastic young people and youth workers, interested in their personal development.
From 22nd to 30th of September 2015, in Iasi, Romania, 26 young people and youth leaders from Romania, Spain, Italy, Bulgaria, Estonia, UK, participated in various activities and interacted in a non-formal setting, in order to contribute to the development of their public speaking skills. Through creative and non-formal activities (stress management, emotional management, art of speech exercises, relaxation techniques, the active listening workshop, the creative problem solving workshop, persuasion techniques, the emotional intelligence workshop, cultural visits, public speeches, debate sessions) the participants had the opportunity of an unique learning experience. The learning methods were non-formal: icebreakers, energizers, brainstorming, debates, team building exercises, role playing, simulation games, world café, living library.
The main results of this training are: a virtual platform for future collaborations, a “best practices” guide in the field of public speaking and competent participants, with experience in public speaking.
The project ensured a harmonious integration in society of the young people, positive outcomes for the individual (efficiency, constructive interactions) and for the local organizations (involvement, interest, employability, productivity, visibility and motivated volunteers).
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation