Spanish Immersion Course in Málaga
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2016
- One participant who is a qualified secondary teacher of French and worked hard during her free time to complete a 2 year course distance learning Spanish Diploma with the University of Dundee in June 2014. She is an experienced teacher with strengths in active learning and AifL (Assessment is for Learning).
- The participant completed a 3 week intensive immersion course in Spain to expand Spanish vocabulary, reinforce pronunciation, increase their confidence while gaining new ideas and teaching materials.
- The project had the views to enhance the participant's teaching & learning strategies in the teaching of Spanish to secondary pupils which would be shared with departmental colleagues and primary colleagues and have a positive impact on the experience of Modern languages for hundreds of youngsters.
- The participant developed cultural awareness and understanding of contemporary Spain with a view to embed the target language into school and bring an additional dimension to the Curriculum for Excellence (CfE) which aims to equip young people for life and to prepare them for a future that is open to the world. Within the framework of CfE there is a recognition of the importance of language learning as a communicative skill which will enable young people to participate fully in a global society and economy.
- The participant interacted with other European teachers to share good practice and various resources (ICT, songs, media, word documents, presentations, games etc.). This enabled the school to play a more active role in raising the awareness of the importance of languages within its local authority by leading by example and interacting with other European partners and using ICT to communicate more effectively with learners and educational partners.
- This project enabled our school to contribute to major educational initiatives such as Curriculum for Excellence, the Scottish Government 1+2 language policy and raising awareness of the importance of languages and working together within Europe.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation