Social Environment & Natural Environment…a Europea..
Social Environment & Natural Environment…a European comparison
Start date: Jul 1, 2014,
End date: Sep 30, 2015
Tulime ONLUS implemented and encouraged this project by taking into account both its own experience and the context in which the project has arisen. Tulime, operating in volunteering, international cooperation and territory development-oriented cooperation, has developed an important experience in young mobility, which increased both logistic-organizing abilities of the association, and the competences necessary to realize efficient activities aimed to promote cooperation and active citizenship activities. The context is the city of Palermo, a multicultural and strongly stimulating reality, mainly for the high number of experience possibilities and of support action offered by people. As expected, 4 volunteers - from Germany, Spain, Hungary and Turkey - have taken part in the EVS. They showed their knowledge of English, and a mite spirit and their ability to adapt to the project. Nevertheless, by taking part in cultural events and actions promoted by Tulime and other local realities, they looked open to intercultural exchange, and interested in such fields as international cooperation and social inclusion of disabled people.
Volunteers have been committed in the following activities:
- “Promotion of community cooperation”, through the realization of sensitizing campaigns, social networks, fundraising events upon cooperation and anti-discrimination through various means of communication.
- “Environmental Education”, through the inclusion of volunteers into activities mainly consisting of gardening, recycling, and other actions closely linked to nature, together with vulnerable people suffering from mental disabilities,
We can state that the project has fulfilled the objects scheduled, and, in particular, it has:
- Promoted the value of diversity, cooperation, welcoming and solidarity;
- Promoted a healthy lifestyle and the value of ecology;
- Encouraged sharing experiences;
- Encouraged volunteering;
- Developed young people’s ability to be “Entertainer on territory”;
- Promoted intercultural solid and lasting relationships.
The project went through some necessary re-modulations due to personal features of volunteers and to the context changes with respect to the starting situation. However, it remained in the general framework of the objectives and the themes defined and previously shared.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation