Social diplomacy - the field where YOUth has real ..
Social diplomacy - the field where YOUth has real power
Start date: Feb 5, 2015,
End date: Aug 5, 2016
The project is created like a result of fruitful cooperation and common activities between Italian organization Y.E.A.S.T. (Youth Europe Around Sustainability) and Russian organization SFERA. The main aim of the project is raise awareness about social diplomacy approach in the youth work and peace building process.
The training-seminar will gather youth workers from 10 countries who are interested in the topics of social diplomacy and peace building.
The main objectives of the project are:
1. To raise awareness about social diplomacy itself: definition, actors, publics, means and goals.
2. To reflect about the role of international voluntary youth organizations in social diplomacy.
3. To provide participants with the set of necessary competences and skills related to the topic of social diplomacy and peace building: non-violent communication, conflict transformation, work and leadership in multicultural groups, effective communication skills in the international reality, stereotypes and prejudices.
4. To share the best practices of youth organizations in social diplomacy and peace building.
5. To build up the network of young people and youth organizations who are interested to peace building projects through Erasmus + Programme in 2015-2016.
6. To develop the idea of the International campaign “YOUth is the power” among young people - participants of the international youth projects to promote mutual understanding tolerance and peace building.
7. To create the tool-kit for youth workers “Social diplomacy approach in youth work” with the set of practical materials and methods to be used for cultural preparation of young people going abroad to mobility projects based on social diplomacy approach: understanding own culture, tolerance to another culture, mutual understanding and common actions.
In order to achieve main aim and implement project objectives, participants will have the chance to attend to workshops, interactive activities and discussions, during which they will have the chance to focus on their favorite topics and increase their knowledge. Invited guests and experts will bring new ideas and inspiration for the participants to deal with the topic of social diplomacy and peace building towards international youth projects. A media team will cover the event and will provide visibility to the results. The envisage impact will be a set of tools and methods to use in the preparation of young people going abroad for youth mobility projects to be more responsible for their role in the process of peace building through establishment and development their communication with young people from different countries.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation