Social Agricolture VET Experience
Start date: Sep 15, 2016,
End date: Sep 14, 2018
The project "Social Agriculture VET Experience" (acronym: SAVE) is applied by the Istituto Professionale Servizi per l'Agricoltura e lo Sviluppo Rurale (IPSARS) "G. FORTUNATO" – Potenza - Italy, in partnership with the EURO-NET and YOUTH EUROPE SERVICE associations.
The project has a duration of 24 months, starting from August 2016 and is realized under the Erasmus Plus program – K A 1 VET.
The project addresses the training needs of young people who have directed their studies to the agricultural professions, as well as the needs local companies, that require qualified human resources, able to acquire a new vision of agriculture, pointing to integration of production, environmental protection, sustainability, innovative services and local development (multifunctional agriculture).
The main purpose of the project is to provide 60 students with the opportunity of a transnational work placement in one of the following countries: Spain, Portugal, Austria, France; UK.
The internships will last five weeks and will be held at companies in the agricultural sector with particular reference to “multifunctional agriculture”
Young people participating in the project, are students of the fourth year of high VET school, at the institute IPSARS “G. FORTUNATO”, aged between 16 and 18. The internships, to be held in the summer, are an additional training than school studies and recognized as credit.
For most of participants is the first opportunity to deal with the European dimension, the first experience of several weeks abroad, the first time of overlook the work experience. Participating in the project, they can improve linguistic and technical skill, as well as build their life skills.
From the SAVE project are expected, the following results:
- Promote a model of “guidance at school", increasing the internship experiences, directed to the guidance’s need of young students, during formal education path;
- Improve the technical skills of students the with working experiences in social and multifunctional agriculture;
- Encourage the participation of NGOs and companies to training programs, creating european networks of organizations involved in VET;
- Promote transparency in the recognition of qualifications, adopting the ECVET key documents (Memorandum of Understanding, Learning Agreement, Personal Transcript);
- Strengthening the mobility opportunities in Europe for students in vocational training.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation