Skills in Action
Start date: Apr 6, 2015,
End date: Dec 12, 2015
CONTEXT AND OBJECTIVES
The project aims to train youth workers on the use of methodologies for the surfacing and validation of learning experiences of young people related to volunteering and social engagement.
Volunteering and social engagement, in fact, have usually a strong impact in terms of learnings on young people; it is a heritage of values skills, knowledge, which often remains unexplored and undervalued, also because related to non-formal and informal learning
Youth workers can be a support to realize this process of surfacing, through the learning of specific and effective methodologies.
In line with European Union’s aim to be a society of knowledge, we want to give our contribution on awareness, keeping track and share hidden skills of young people.
ACTIVITIES AND METHODS
The main objectives of Skills in action will therefore be to train young worker on diverse competences areas and through specific methods:
-Awareness of soft and transversal skills by youth workers
-Learning approaches to facilitate the emersion of soft and transversal skills from everyday activities in volunteering.
-Learning to use specific methodologies such as digital storytelling, portfolio of competences and narrative approaches to retain the learning outcomes.
-Give a deeper meaning to volunteering in terms of employability, activation of a virtuous circle of giving and receiving within a community.
-Help young people to be aware of their skills and be more confident towards job seeking.
-Foster active citizenship.
-Spread European values.
Project actions will be:
- Preparatory actions.
- Training. A week of training in Italy, Siena (Tuscany).
- Networking activities.
The course will focus mostly on narrative methodologies, like autobiographical approach, digital storytelling, portfolio of competences.
30 youth workers (no age limit).
ENVISAGED RESULTS OF THE PROJECT
Increased knowledge about the topics of the project, namely:
- Increased knowledge of approaches to facilitate the emersion of soft and transversal skills from everyday activities in young people active in volunteering and social sphere.
- Ability to use specific methodologies such as digital storytelling, portfolio of competences and narrative approaches (narrative multimedia portfolio) to retain the learning outcomes.
- capability to enhance a deeper meaning to volunteering and social engagement, in terms of employability, activation of a virtuous circle of giving and receiving within a community.
- capability to help young people to be aware of their skills and be more confident towards job seeking.
- capability to Foster active citizenship and spread European values.
Increased skills within the organization, the training of young workers in the themes of the project.
On young people
Young people, who will have the chance to get in contact with the project content and methodologies, thanks to the young workers trained in the project, will enhance self-confidence, awareness of soft and transversal skills, and will became more able to transfer in other environments, such as job-environment those skills.
Among the learning outcomes will be included an increased knowledge about the appropriate use of the Europass CV, the use of YouthPass or the ECVET.
POTENTIAL LONGER TERM BENEFITS
The project represents a contribution to the important issue of the emergence and enhancement of skills acquired in non-formal and informal, also in order to facilitate a better entry of young people into the labor market, as in the aims of the Erasmus+ Program.
Applicant: Foundation Fortes
Sending Organizations: Organizations working with youth workers or focused on training of trainers.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation