Skills for Public Speaking
Start date: Jul 1, 2015,
End date: Apr 30, 2016
The context referred to the fact that public speaking and leadership are skills worth learning. The lack of knowledge involving public speaking and leadership skills is a serious issue, which affects a lot of people. Learning how to develop those skills is be very beneficial for the individual success, business success, stress reduction, time management, leadership, public image and opinion. The low number of national information event about public speaking and leadership skills raises the level of insecurity among the future beneficiaries and they stay on stand-by position. Having a lack of knowledge about those skills is a threat for developing high quality performances in the current society.
Each partner selected 5 participants. Therefore the project included participants from Romania, Greece, Portugal, Latvia, Bulgaria and Estonia
The participants were:
- involved in a series of activities or jobs that require public speaking skills;
- had interest in gaining knowledge and to develop leadership and communication skills;
- motivated to develop and improve their personal and professional skills and qualifications by taking part in interactive activities;
- ready to share the knowledge, skills and experience gained during the exchange among the members of their organizations, among their partner's networks and in their local communities.
The aim of the project was to ensure / increase the skills of public speaking and leadership of youngsters, developed within the framework of Erasmus+ Programme. Leadership, communication and public speaking skills are essential aspects of business and personal progress. They were given the opportunity to learn how to make their voices heard in any circumstances, something that represents a necessity for striving in nowadays society.
The objectives of the project were:
- To support the development and improvement of basic and transversal skills of 30 youth leaders and youth workers;
- To contribute to the social inclusion in 6 European countries by fostering young people’s employment, entrepreneurial and management skills;
- To develop participants’ skills and competences in public speaking and leadership skills, which will increase their competitiveness on the labor market and their opportunities for employment.
- developing basic and important skills of public speaking and leadership, multilingualism in all fields of education and training, using innovation , pedagogical and non-formal education tools
The project consisted of three main parts: preparation, implementation (youth exchange) and evaluation. All project partners had an active role in each phase in order to ensure a smooth and successful process. The main activities of the project were: team-building activities, familiarizing with public speaking and leadership skills and its rules for application, define everyday verbal and non-verbal communication skills, how to plan and write a speech, earn how to say memorable and motivational outcomes, time management, follow-up activities, dissemination of project results, etc. All the partners played an active part in all the phases.
The following working methods and approaches were used: working in small groups, facilitated and self-facilitated discussions, thematic workshops, practical simulations, interactive presentations, case studies, role-playing, debates, and skills development activities.
The methodology of the exchange was based on the principles of non-formal education. The main focus was placed on the participants, fostering their active participation, mutual learning, discussing and sharing of experience and good practices
After the exchange, we published ideas, follow-up plans and suggestions for future cooperation created during the exchange. In this way the project and the projects results were spread among a wide public. This tool contributed to the promotion of Erasmus+ and provided an added value to the Programme and the opportunities it offers in the areas of education, training, youth and sport. Videos and photos were shared and part of the workshops are available online in order to ensure the spread of information, to capture the interest of the target group and to represent a possibility of extending the project as long as other people show interest in it.
Also we produces a best practice guide related to Skills for Public Speaking
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation