SKILLS FOR EUROPE
Start date: Jan 1, 2015,
End date: Dec 31, 2016
We want to carry out this project to further support the INTERNATIONALISATION STRATEGY of our institution, that has been successfully offering VET transnational mobility experience since 2008.
The vocational areas chosen are Engineering - Aircraft Manufacturing and Hospitaliy and Catering - Professional Cookery, that are priority areas of the College, the 2 sectors being also strategic areas defined by the Welsh Assembly.
The BENEFICIARIES are 84 IVT students in total with the following breakdown:
- 28 Level 3 students undertaking courses of NVQ Level 3 "Extended Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering - Aircraft Manufacturing" with age ranges between 18-24, and
- 56 Level 2 and 3 students undertaking courses of NVQ Level "Diploma in Professional Cookery", with age ranges between 16-24
The OBJECTIVES of the project are:
1) offer our students the possibility to acquire competences to improving their employability in the European labour market, facilitating the transition from school into employment;
2) foster the personal development of our students by widening their personal horizon;
3) offer the possibility to our students to learn German;
4) meet the needs defined above at the level of our Organisation.
The partners chosen are state-of the-art institutions in Germany in the area of Engineering and Catering, a total of 8 hosting employers.
The planned duration of each mobility placement will be 2 weeks and there are 6 mobility activities (flows planned):
Flow 1, 3, 4, 6 - Catering
Flow 2,5 - Engineering
Flow 1: 10 - 23 May 2015
Flow 2: 9 - 22 Aug. 2015
Flow 3: 16 - 28 Nov. 2015
Flow 4: 6 - 29 March 2016
Flow 5: 3 - 16 July 2016
Flow 6: 2-15 Oct. 2016
The planned activities are structured in the WORK PACKAGES / WP of the project:
- project start - kick -off
- information and selection of participants;
- preparation (linguistic, cultural, pedagogical, psychological);
- logistical arrangements
- mobility placement implementation;
- follow up - evaluation
- dissemination and exploitation
The most relevant EXPECTED OUTCOMES are:
a) Increased employability chances of the students both in the UK & DE by developing vocational competences in a genuine work experience with German employers;
b) Validation & recognition of the vocational competences acquired in DE while on work placement by integrating them in the home student portfolio, setting them off against specifications of the Essential Skills Wales Europass Mobility Document and Europass
c) Improve the quality and increase the volume of co-operation between our College and institution providing learning opportunities in Europe;
d) Increased self-esteem of the students, gain of intercultural and linguistic competences.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation