Start date: 11 May 2015,
End date: 10 Feb 2016
"Sinu mõju!" is youth project what organized by MTÜ VitaTiim with Narva Vanalinna Riigikool, Narva Keeltelütseum, Narva Kesklinna Gümnaasium and Narva school parliament.
The goal of the project was to form group of youngsters from Ida-Virumaa county who to found and understood themselves as active citizen and who know instruments interaction with politics and decision makers. Who share European and democratic values and who can share their knowledge, skills and values for other young people.
To reach the goal, we set up the next objectives:
- to find out about political structures: political regimes, political parties and NGOs;
- to promote democratic and European values;
- to find out how local governments , parliament and European parliament and commission work, through meetings with MPs and representatives of these institutions and through methods of non-formal learning;
- to find out about instrument of influence including advocacy and will get first experience to use this methods for to solve the problem in the city or country;
- structured dialogue: to make meeting youngsters and policy markers for creating discussion and debates.
30 participants from Ida-Virumaa county will take part in the project. Participants of the project were students of 9-11 grades, there are students 15-17 years old.
Project started in September and consisted in four seminars which were in different Estonian cities. On seminars youngsters learned what policy is , how European national and local institutes work , how they can influence on decision making process through discussion with decision makers or advocacy instruments. Also participants tried to solve some problems in the city.
In the project we used methods of non-formal learning as discussions, debates, group work, individual work, presentations which will be prepared for participants or by participants, performances, home tasks, role games, icebreakers and energizers ,etc.
Get Access to the 1st Network for the European Cooperation