Silesian administration friendly for foreigners
Start date: Dec 1, 2015,
End date: Jun 30, 2017
There will be four partners from Poland, Spain, Greece and Italy. The "Silesian administration friendly for foreigner" project is part of a larger project in which we want to involve the three organizations from partner countries (Belaruse,Armenia and Serbia in frame of sister/brother project "Silesia institutions friendly for foreigners").The project "Silesian administration friendly for foreigners" will last for 12 months: from March 2016 till February 2017. The project has it’s place in Katowice and in other bigger cities of Silesia region. this project is going to engage 3 volunteers (intended 6 volunteers: 3 from programme and 3 from partner countries) who desire to develop their own awareness about civil/human rights, citizen laws and European awareness.
The main activity of the project are:
1) Monitoring of City Halls in Silesia. We will focus on both -the substantive quality as well as technical quality in the context of providing public information to foreigners.Monitoring of public institutions in relation to the transfer of public information to foreigners and checking if Poland meet the obligation to comply with civil rights, which are set in the European Convention on Human Rights (Art. 11) and the Polish Constitution (art.61) .Law states that everyone has the right to access to public information, regardless of age, education or nationality, any interested person should get all the documents and informations which he/she need.The volunteers will send a list of requests for pulic information, which will be send by traditional post/e-mails to offices as well as they will make a personal visits.
2) sharing their impressions about Katowice, Silesia, Poland on the EVS blog,
3) working hand by hand with Receiving Organisation in it’s initiatives which will be offered to the volunteers (office work, meetings and events we organise constantly by Bona Fides like: Dni Organizacji Pozarza˛dowych (NGO’s days), Targi Organizacji (NGO’s Markets), monitoring, meetings with habitants of Katowice - within frames of Community Organizing project, supporting local community citizens, initiatives and many other,
4) cooperate with local media (working on online portal about Katowice: making photos, writing articles about districts of Katowice, history about Katowice),
5) making reaserches about good practices from other countires about cooperation between citizens and local gonverment.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation