SHARING EUROPE WITH CHILDREN
Start date: Aug 1, 2015,
End date: Aug 31, 2016
This project will be developed at Local Nursery School, at the Occupational for intellectual disabled people Centre and at the Youth Centre. Dates in which it will be realized are:
Starting project date: 01-08-2015; Ending project date: 01-09-2016; Starting activities date: 01-10-2015; Ending activities date: 29-07-2016.
Our aims are: to facilitate, within the volunteers´ presence, of the European cultural diversity and our sharing heritage, to make San Clemente inhabitants aware of their belonging to Europe, to favour our community cultural development and to support the educative labor of our Public Infant School, our Occupational Center and our Youth Center and to complementate this labour with some workshops for children between 6 to 12 years old.
In the project will participate four volunteers, who will carry out the following actions:
- 3 volunteers will give support to nursery school teachers, from Monday to Friday and from 9.30 to 14.30. The staff is formed by 7 workers, who are responsible of 70 children with ages from 5 months old to 3 years old.
- 1 volunteer will give support to the occupational center for mental disability people´s teachers, from Monday to Friday and from 9.30 to 14.30. The staff is formed by a principal and a workshop instructor. They carry out a job placement project with different types of workshops for 10 people.
- From Monday to Thursday, once a volunteer and from 18.00 to 20.00, will help in the Youth Center.
- Two hours per week and according to the volunteers´ abilities and skills, they will realize some linguistic expression workshops in English and several free time workshops, with children aging from 6 to 12 years old; so, they will can develop their potentialities, to contribute to the children´s development, promoting their socialization and autonomy, and to try to make aware San Clemente inhabitants their belonging to Europe.
- Two hours per week, they will study Spanish grammar.
The methodology will be practical and participatory. It will be a process of non- formal knowledge in which young volunteers will can achieve personal, social and cultural skills and abilities working with children and disabled people, which will be useful in their training and possible future job. Their ideas, initiatives, creativity will be kept in mind.
At the infant school all educative labor is dependent on the children´s primarily needs: sleep, diet, hygiene, affection, etc, without to forget those invigorating activities, which can develop all children´s physical and intellectual abilities. Activities realized at this stage must be educational and training and they involve various types of works, such as to change diapers or to tell a tale. Work at this stage has the main aim of the children´s socialization, it is said, to get them used to live with other people, to answer collectively to the adults´ slogans and to respect the educators´rules. Relationships must be warm,in a setting where children feel them loved and at the same time, they can show warm and in this way, they will achieved a complet development. Children must feel themselves caring to can build a positive portray of themselves.
At the occupational centre, educators work to increase the personal and social competence and therefore, the improvement of the quality of life of people with intellectual disability who live in San Clemente and its region. Actions carried out, will be directed at to facilitate the access to the employment level more conciliatory that can be reached each person, taking into account individuality and specificity of each one of them. This centre will realize several occupational activities which the aim to promote and to streghten our users' skills, taking into account the degree of development of each one of them.
At the Youth Centre, we will realize a labour to facilitate any kind of information and advice to young people about some themes of their interest and, at the same time, we realize some activities and workshops, fun and aducative to promote their participation, cooperation and creativity between them.
At a local level, it has been obtained that San Clemente's inhabitants meet and appreciate this project.
At an European level, we receive many applications from European people.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation