SDL and L2L: Where are we? What next?
Start date: Aug 16, 2014,
End date: Feb 16, 2015
In the last 5 years Learning to Learn(L2L) and Self-Directed Learning(SDL) became well-known concepts in the Youth in Action programme. With the introduction of Youthpass and the ‘Youthpass process’ the concept of L2L was introduced within almost all activities within the Youth in Action programme. Last but not least ‘learning to learn’ being one of the 8 key-competences in the framework of the Life Long Learning programme of the European Commission made the concept an accepted and recognised one.
A new concept brings challenges, changes, success stories, frustrations, different applications etc. In these last 5 years many developments have taken place around the topic of L2L/SDL; in project within the different actions in the YiA programme and other European programmes, in publications and in research.
It’s time to collect these experiences, to see where we are and to find out what needs to be next steps to develop the concept. In order to get this objective, the seminar will to bring together 33 trainers in the Youth in Action programme and nowadays in Erasmus+ from 11 countries who have been implementing the concept of SDL/L2L in their training work and who are ready to exchange and discuss their experiences and to look at future steps to be taken to further develop the concept. The seminar will take place in Padova (Italy) from the 22nd to the 26th of October 2014. The methodology used for the activities are based on the principles of non formal education, using in the specific group work and all those activities that foster sharing, excanging and creativity.
The main objectives of the seminar are:
- to improve the awarness about he implementation of Le2/SDL in the yourh projects through the exchanging of good practices ;
- to improve participants' knowledge on the topic;
- to highlight the strenghts and the challanges in the implementation;
- to define the elements to focus on for further development;
- to explorethe possibility of implementingSDL/L2L in the ERasmus+:Youth
- to set up specific activities for the follow up
- to facilitate the creation of a network of tainers interested in the topic and that can develop it further through new projcts;
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation