School of 2020
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
a. Context of the project:
The context is represented by
- the new school curriculum indications document, provided by Education Ministery, that indicate as mandatory to move towards competences and European setup
- the European 2020 strategy
- the ministerial Self Assessment Report and schools self-evaluation strategy
so is essential to switch from local to comunitary dimension, implementing quality systems, using digitaldevices and the English massively, and motivating pupils by means of new ideas and methodologies. As consequence we want to develop a project focused on the improvement of headmaster and teachers skills, throgh a corpus of courses abroad provided by several experienced courses providers
Quality improvement throgh quality assesment of internal processes, european setup achivement through English and ITC usage in humanistic and scientific subjects theaching and through pupils motivation development using new tools.
c. Number and profile of participants:
There are 10 persons in Dante Alighieri School directly involved in the project: the headmaster, 1 member of school administrative staff and 8 teachers (2 of Math, 3 of English, 2 of humanistic subjects and 1 of French): these persons will attend courses and will actively partecipate in preparatory and results dissemination actions
Participants will attend courses abroad as detailed in previous fields. After, they will disseminate results through conferences, workshop, and blog implementation.
- Task force selection - Preparation before the courses - Courses participation - Dissemination of the results on pupils and school staff - Dissemination of the results on others schools and local and national entities.
we guess to obtain:
- improvement of managing staff quality evaluation and implementation skills,
- more effective teaching,
- greater intercultural awareness and appreciation of attitudes and cultures of other European countries,
- greater knowledge of British and other European Education Systems,
- improvement of teachers’ English language skills,
- knowledge of new ideas and methodologies to motivate pupils
- improvement of teacher's digital devices knowledge
- new strategies to combat the drop out customizing approach towards to special needs and weaker students
g. Long terms benefits:
- system quality implementation in the Dante Alighieri school, quality evaluation task-force implementation, durable relationships with european schools and instituions (materials and ideas sharing, partnerships in international projects),
- mental switch from the old to the new approach for a great part of school staff,
- greater knowledge of the european context by pupils.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation