S1-L10 Transfer of Appropriate Requirements for Gl..
S1-L10 Transfer of Appropriate Requirements for Global Education and Technology II
Start date: Jul 15, 2011,
TARGET II can be considered as a continuation of the previous TARGET project with an extended partnership and introduction of associate members which will increase the consortium differentiation and efficiency (thirteen Central Asian Universities, seven EU universities and seven associate members).
The mobility activities will cover all academic levels and most of the fields mentioned in the call for proposals will be covered with a priority given to the fields of major interest for Central Asian universities. On the whole, 86 mobilities are foreseen.
This Mulitcountry project will support the Development of Higher Education in Central Asia as a top priority and will help to develop the economical situation and rise the life standard as a side effect.
The role of higher education is of growing importance, since it solves the problems of formatting the local economies, by ensuring a smooth and sustainable transition to the next level of innovation and intensive development
The project brings together a multidisciplinary consortium providing a unique opportunity to develop innovative new academic programmes and courses that will provide a common educational core while, at the same time, enabling students to choose elective modules according to their professional development needs and personal interests.
The TARGETII project will help to provide a skilled and knowledgeable professional workforce capable of operating at a high level within local and regional universities programmes with the support of new Technologies. The project will recruit students and staff from different areas and professions.
During the project life, the students will be taught and trained by top-level specialists from the EU partner universities which will also enable the partners to establish different network links for future research, education and innovation activities within the project and beyond for further joint actions in the frame of EU projects and with own national and regional funding made available to promote the cooperation between the two areas
The TARGET objectives are:
- Supporting the Central Asian Universities to implement HE reforms by exchanging and disseminating experiences and good practices developed by EU Universities in the framework of the Bologna declaration and Lisbon agenda.
- Contribute through the exchange of students and University staff to the reinforcement of
educational, cultural, scientific and technological links between EU and Central Asian Countries.
- Foster the co-operation between Central Asian and EU Universities for a depper knowledge and understanding between its people.
- Promote procedures for the common recognition and compatibility of programmes and diplomas through ECTS and the Diploma Supplement in order to increase the employability of Central Asian students and avoid “brain drain” from Central Asian Universities.
- Develop within the Central Asian Universities the management of student and staff mobility by
implementing adequate awareness of structures and rules, communication and management procedures.
- Promotion of the Knowledge triangle (Education, Research and Innovation) concept through mobility between Central Asian Universities and EU Universities
- Development of sustainable international co-operation between the consortium members
- Establishing bilateral or multilateral cooperation, to create a win-win situation for all partners.
- increasing the volume and quality of these exchanges which enhance the sustainable scientific and cultural cooperation, mutual transfer of experience and knowledge.
- Enhancing the attractiveness of the EU universities in Central Asia
-Contributing to the academic excellence and visibility of Central Asian Universities in Europe.
-Promoting the concept of Lifelong Learning as a tool for development and social inclusion in Central Asia
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation