Ronimisakadeemia annab tiivad
Start date: Feb 15, 2015,
End date: Feb 14, 2017
Today there is limited amount of opportunities for disabled youngsters to deal with physical activities. Thats why they are less active comparing with their coevals. This leads to the inactivity of children's physical abilities decline further complicate daily living, reduce social sense of belonging to society and makes them dependent.
The overall objective of the project is to involve young people with special needs in public life through sport activities, and to increase awareness of healthy young trees.
1 Create and develop regular physical activity for youngsters with special needs in form of climbing.
2 Raise the awareness of disabilities among able bodied youngsters and increase the cooperation between able bodied and disabled youngsters.
3 Prepare youngsters who are participating in the project, to enter tp the labor market in order to live independent lives
4 Establish a comprehensive non-formal learning opportunities for young people through a variety of athletic activities.
The total number of participants in this project is about 150, of whom about 50 are young people with special needs.
In project are participating 4 climbing organizations from Estonia and one from England.
Project activities include:
- Regular trainings for disabled youngsters
- 1-day City-camps
- 5-day summer camps
Project will be managed through methodologies of PCM- principles of project management methodologies.
- Young people with disabilities can participate in regular trainings
- Youngsters with special needs are integrated into society through the project activities and their physical, mental and social welfare is increased
- The young people's awareness of disability and disabled and abled body young peoples co-operation has improved
- Youngsters are more independent by the end of the project, and, if necessary, are more ready to enter the labor market
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation