Rencontre interculturelle de jeunes sur le thème d..
Rencontre interculturelle de jeunes sur le thème de la discrimination
Start date: 01 May 2015,
End date: 30 Apr 2017
This project led by the Yves Robert Youth Hostel, was born into a context involving three key elements:
- The hostel is located in the heart of the Pajol eco-district, its’ mission is to participate in the cultural and social dynamism of this fast moving neighborhood.
-The Hostel’s development of tight links with the local youth and popular education non-profit organizations.
-The Youth Hostel is a member of the United Federation of Youth Hostels whose main project is to promote social engagement and intercultural dialogue.
This context as a whole has fostered the idea of a European meeting for young underprivileged individuals on the topic of discrimination.
The three general goals of this meeting are:
- Enabling young individuals that have fewer opportunities, to better understand the issues of discrimination and develop their ability to respond to these situations affecting them
- Allowing them to live a unique intercultural experience
- Mobilizing European non-profit organizations working with young people.
The meeting will bring together participants aged 18 to 25 from the following countries: France, Belgium, Macedonia, Romania and Portugal. One guide per country and 6 participants.
Two types of activities will take place:
- Workshops designed and facilitated by specialized organizations; they will allow the participants to share their experiences; to learn about discriminatory mechanisms and work on their own stereotypes and prejudices.
- Activities designed, prepared and ran by teams from each country. They rely on the skills and expertise of the partner organizations. Through an artistic, sporting or cultural approach, these activities will develop the participants’ skills and abilities. They will also help illustrate the issues of discrimination.
This project requires a strong involvement of the partner organizations and participants before and during the meeting.
The main expected outcomes for participants are a stronger ability to act upon situations related to discrimination and a greater awareness of European citizenship and perspectives.
At the partner level, the project will create a unique networking experience for these 5 European non-profit organizations. Through this they will develop their skills and knowledge in their fight against discrimination.
At the local level in each partner country, the project will facilitate networking between complementary actors already involved in these topics.
At the National level, the entire Youth Hostel network will also be informed and educated about discrimination issues.
Finally, at the European level, the meeting will help build and structure a European network of key players.
Get Access to the 1st Network for the European Cooperation