Ready Start Go on EVS challenge!
Start date: 01 May 2015,
End date: 31 Oct 2015
Starting working more with EVS volunteers and giving them the most amazing time in their life was the trigger of this Training course. With this project at the end we would like to develop skills, knowledge and attitudes concerning volunteers’ hosting, other hand concerning the volunteers’ and the mentors’ formal, informal and non-formal learning process during their EVS projects. To understand how they can develop the identity, social sensitivity and professions. We would like to understand the importance of the Youthpass certificate in this processes, and to recognize how the volunteers can use their competences in their daily life. We would like to clarify the formal and content wise criteria to send and host EVS volunteers among EU and different regions as EECA.
The venue of the Project activity will be in Craiova, Romania. We will gather 29 youth workers, former EVS volunteers, project coordinators from Romania, Greece, FYROM, Poland, Turkey and Croatia and they will have intensive 7 days course were at the and they will take the EVS challenge more easily.
The objective of the project are:
• To clarify the challenges of European Voluntary Service among EU and EECA countries regarding to content and methodology, non-formal and informal learning process, inter-cultural learning and impact on the local community
• To gain knowledge and develop new skills on Youthpass as a recognition tool for non-formal learning;
• To raise awareness of the key competences and develop different methods that can be used in practice within EVS projects.
• To empathize with the volunteer's position, and raise awareness on her or his personal, social and professional development during EVS activity.
• To prepare quality EVS projects among EU and EECA countries, matching the new requirements of Erasmus+ program with their organization
• To offer the opportunity of meeting possible partner groups among EU and EECA countries.
The entire course is designed as a mutual learning situation in which, using diverse methods, participants can compare their approaches and experiences with EVS. Trainers will establish a theoretical framework and common reference points for learning and communication in this course. They will also provide a framework where participants will be able to experience how is to be EVS volunteer, and that is how establishment of professional and friendly attitude and goal achievement in both sides will be fully assured.
The impact will be made not just on local level, but also on the international level with distributing CD with materials for better EVS experience. And we are expecting to be long term impact.
Get Access to the 1st Network for the European Cooperation