RE-EMPOWERING: a training course for youth workers..
RE-EMPOWERING: a training course for youth workers on empowering and resilience of young people at social risk
Start date: Aug 15, 2015,
End date: May 14, 2016
The project is a 9 days non-formal educational training programme in Padova (taly), it includes 27 participants from 9 different countries (Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Turkey, Portugal, Greece, Germany, Ireland and Romania) and it will take place from the 22nd to the 30th of January 2016. The main target groups are youth-workers, social workers, teachers, etc. who already work or expect to work with young people in social inclusion area with non-formal educational approaches.
Young people at risk of social exclusion live very often in unhealthy environments: families with problems, low education, economical disadvantaged situations, marginalized groups etc. These conditions affect the self-development process of the youngsters: low self-esteem, low self-efficacy, poor social relations, a lack of learning to learn competence usually lead to different dysfunctional behaviors.
What can we do as youth workers? How can we support their wellbeing? How can we make social exclusion visible in the society?
Departing from these questions, the project aims to:
- promote an open and creative training environment for non-formal learning;
- support participants in getting familiar with the concept of resilience and empowerment;
- improve participants’ competences in supporting empowering process with young people;
- support participants in mastering new empowerment and resilience tool
- learn how to use a concrete tool as photo-voice to involve the community in this issue of social inclusion and make it visible
The activities proposed will be dynamic and interactive and based on the principles of experiential learning.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation