PRUEBA EOI MADRID VILLAVERDE
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2016
The Escuela Oficial de Idiomas Madrid-Villaverde (EOI Madrid-Villaverde) is a language teaching center mostly for adults with a total of 1,531 students and 31 employees.
Since 1990 we have offered classes of German, French and English, with official certifications based on CEFR and in the southern part of the capital city of Madrid, to adult learners of middle and lower middle classes, with many unemployed, both youth and women, plus people over 50 who have thrown into early retirement or simply lost their jobs. We have around 10% of immigrant students, mainly from Latin America. We also have many students, graduates, professionals, or teachers and housewives. Despite the difficulties, our students are highly motivated to learn foreign languages. Occasionally we have students with special educational needs.
In this context, when considering our needs for our European Plan, we found that our priorities are:
-Updating Methodology, new trends and teaching tools, multiple intelligences.
-Development of emotional Factors, Sociolinguistics, Motivation of adults.
-Incorporating Culture, Creativity and Innovation in the classroom, storytelling, theatre techniques, etc.
-Internationalization of our experience and knowledge of European Institutions in teaching adults with difficulties.
NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 4
Our project has involved the participation of our management team and our whole teaching staff in analyzing the needs of our students and teachers.
PROFILE OF PARTICIPANTS:
Those selected to participate in the project are teachers at our centre with over 10 years experience, who have not participated in international training in the past two years, with sufficient interest in taking courses outside regular hours, eager to improve professional competences to bring to our institution and classrooms innovative and creative experiences that encourage motivation of adult students, especially those in unemployment situations or immigrants seeking language skills for their integration into the European labour market. Also teachers with responsibility for school management and teaching seeking to increase awareness of the European adult training systems and strengthen ties with institutions that will allow the internationalization of our centre, collaborating on creative and innovative practices in the language training of adults sometimes with difficult social situations.
The methodology we use when launching our project is fully active, participatory and analytical, with all our management and teaching teams involved when analyzing both our needs and our students' to prioritize them in the realization of our quality improvement projects.
At the end of our project participants we will have:
* expanded knowledge of new methodological theories and their application in the adult classroom.
* acquired tools and skills that lead to increased student motivation in our institution.
* improved teaching methods designed to meet the personal and emotional diversity, and different ways of learning of our adult students.
* improved tools and skills that lead to increased student motivation.
* expanded knowledge about the culture of the countries of origin of the languages taught in our school with nnovative methods that encourage creativity of students.
* fostered the uses of tools and skills that lead to increased student motivation in our institution.
* experienced firsthand on the operation, management and teaching methods in adult centres of the European network will be purchased.
* analysed the impact of teaching adults in difficult social situations.
* encouraged and support the exchange of best practices, learning from partners' experiences and development of projects
in the field of adult education among partners of member states.
*Increase motivation of teachers and students.
*Greater involvement of the entire educational community in international projects.
*Improved collaboration within the school community.
*Increased knowledge of European institutions and their functions of citizen support
LONG TERM BENEFITS
Improve the projection of our institution in the European landscape of adult education by publicizing our center to European institutions in the same sector and stable and continuous participation in exchanges of best practice way.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation