PROJET DE MOBILITE EUROPEEN
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2016
The opening onto the world and more precisely Europe is part of the project of our school. European mobility and cooperation activities meet one of the goals of our targets 2014-2017 contract: "build a school course of success for each student".
Our school is located in the employment area of the Etang de Berre where a large number of international companies such as AIRBUS HELICOPTER, DAHER INTERNATIONAL, TOTAL and SCHELL refineries, MARSEILLE PROVENCE AIRPORT cohabit with a dense range of local small and medium-sized enterprises. We are also in Provence, world-famous region and the steady influx of foreign tourists opens many doors to young people who are fluent in foreign languages, particularly in English.
Our young people will soon emerge on the labour market and will have to adapt immediately to the constraints and the business environment. This mobility allowed them to acquire key professional and linguistic skills more suited to internationalization. It also made them aware of their European citizenship and live it.
The different objectives of our project are:
- to foster the mobility of our young people and enable them to discover other cultures, to develop their spirit of tolerance and to remain open-minded,
- to complement and enhance key (professional and linguistic) skills,
- to strengthen cooperation between formal and non-formal education actors,
- to improve the quality of our teaching methods,
- to combat dropping out of school, making training more attractive.
Our mobility took place from Sunday, March 06, 2016 to Friday, April 01, 2016.
The participants in the project are a group of 8 students of vocational baccalaureate in management and administration. During the mobility, they were in the final year and followed, in the last 2 years, a language and cultural training course at the rate of 2 hours of additional English per week.
The Steering Committee has been set up and is composed of: The English teacher, the management and administration teacher as well as the Head of Works, the Chief Accountant and the Headmaster.
The participants undertook a 4-week work placement period in DUBLIN IRELAND with 20 hours of language training the first week (in the morning). They stayed in host families in half board. They carried out cultural and tourist visits at weekends.
We worked with a partner agency called the CENTRE D’ECHANGES INTERNATIONAUX LONDON and DUBLIN - CEI LTD. This organization has a long experience in the placement of students in business and host families. It handled placement and follow-up of the participants in collaboration with the members of the Steering Committee. A teacher was present at the beginning of the mobility from March 06 to March 18 2016. Another teacher was present at the end of the mobility from march 27 to April 01 2016. Regular meetings were planned. At the end of the mobility, the students were assessed by the course tutor and an internship certificate was issued.
During this mobility, the participants had to undertake:
- a test of English on the online platform,
- a CV and an application letter in English,
- an interview with the partner organization who will assess their level,
- an internship report,
-a slide show,
- the final report to the European Agency.
Throughout the project, they had to take part in the preparation of the mobility and the outcome of the actions foreseen to the broadcast (appointment with the press, ceremony of the EUROPASS mobility, open days).
The participants were assessed by their teachers during a preparatory meeting where they were required to expose their experience in English using their internship and the slide show file.
The participants signed up for the optional mobility unit and were evaluated during the optional test of mobility organized by our school.
The expected results are:
- the personal enrichment of our students,
- their professional qualifications and language skills strengthened and recognized by the EUROPASS mobility and the optional mobility unit,
- Validation of the vocational baccalaureate in administrative and management skills through the CERISE PRO professional Passport,
- a better picture of our school,
- the development of the European dimension in vocational training.
In conclusion, the objective is to develop long-term mobility projects and implement best teaching methods and innovative approaches to learning with the perspective of a European section opening.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation