Programfag og PTF for reiseliv, salg/service/sikke..
Programfag og PTF for reiseliv, salg/service/sikkerhet og kokk- og servitørfaget
Start date: May 25, 2015,
End date: May 24, 2017
Ole Vig Upper Secondary School has longstanding traditions within international relations. Through these relations, the school has seen a positive effect for both students and the organisation as a whole.
The objects of the project are largely aimed to better the understanding of other cultures and their history. Additionally, the students are able to practise their oral skills in a way that would not be attainable in Norway. The students will furthermore attain a higher personal development by taking responsibility for themselves, as well as their fellow students, in an unfamiliar environment. Practising the different vocations abroad helps to increase knowledge about their respective trades and a better understanding of the subjects.
There are ca. 42 students attending Vg2 (upper secondary level 2) in Sale/Service/Security, Vg2 Tourism and Vg2 Cookery and Waiting, most aged 17-20 years.
During the stay in Gran Canaria, we will be attending sightseeing by bus or boat with Scandinavian-speaking guides, which will provide insight into the country’s climate, geography, history, religion, culture, culinary traditions and tourism. Practical work will be carried out under guidance by contact persons from the co-operating businesses, as well as the teacher.
During the stay in Germany we will be attending sightseeing, which will provide insight into the country’s history and their current situation. Practical work will be done at the fair, by rigging the Norwegian stand, followed by shift work on the stand every day.
The following methods will be employed; teaching, lectures, excursions, interdisciplinary projects and work placement in a business located both in Norway and abroad, with guidance from subject teachers as well as employees of the business.
The objectives we aim to accomplish are:
- High presence throughout the entire school year among students, as well as increased degree of completion
- The students will increase their knowledge, understanding and respect for other cultures
- Familiarization with, and the practicing of, other languages
- Sufficient accomplishment of the respective competence aims
- Teachers increasing their understanding of managing larger projects and getting international experience
- The teachers will get an update of the contemporary practice within their areas of expertise.
Expected long-term effects are that;
- the stream of applicants to the teaching programmes will increase, as it is a project appealing to youths.
- The project may contribute to more students completing the curriculum.
- It will increase the interest for studies abroad
- The school becomes an attractive workplace leading in turn to better recruitment of teachers
- Teachers across disciplines will get to know each other better because of the project, which in turn will strengthen social relations in the staff
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation