„Profesionālo zināšanu paaugstināšana”
Start date: Jun 1, 2014,
End date: May 31, 2016
Nowadays ever-changing environment and new labor market requirements impose individuality’s necessity for continuous development of the set of certain competences, dynamic thinking and innovation in the education system; therefore Janis Rozentals Riga Art High school (JRRMV) announced the participation in the project "Improvement of professional skills."
Project included six cooperation partners from six European Union countries:
• Janis Rozentāls Riga Art Highschool (Latvia)
• Lybecker Institute of Arts and Design (Finland);
• Escola Artística Soares dos Reis (Portugal);
• Tartu Art School (Estonia);
• Instiuto di Istruzione Superiore G.Mazzatinti, Liceo Artistico (Italy);
• The Volos Municipality vocational training institute (Greece)
Project target groups were:
• Students of Janis Rozentāls Riga Art Highschool
• Vocational subject teachers of Janis Rozentāls Riga Art Highschool
Project implementation time:
1 July 2014 – 31 May 2016
Janis Rozentāls Riga Art Highschool has successfully implemented ERASMUS*+ education mobility project “Improvement of Vocational Competencies”.
The scope of the project included 20 students participating in month-long vocational practice visits and 10 teachers conducting two-week professional development trips to partner schools.
Project goals were:
• Improvement of professional skills by learning new techniques and methods in fine art and visual communications art education programs and interdisciplinary fields;
• Fostering quality and innovation in vocational education and training;
• Learning and comparing technical resources and education methods of fine art and visual communications art education programs;
• Development of vocational, personal and intercultural competencies and skills to improve competitiveness in the European job market;
• Providing knowledge and understanding of European languages and cultures;
• Building prestige of vocational education and training;
• Developing self-initiative and entrepreneurialism of students and teachers;
• Expanding European partner network.
During exchange visits, Janis Rozentāls Riga Art Highschool teachers received opportunities to demonstrate their knowledge, skills and qualifications as well as learn new competencies by visiting lessons, teaching classes and conducting workshops in their areas of expertise to students of the partner schools.
Familiarization with different experiences and new education methods will bring innovative ideas and facilitate their incorporation in vocational art education at Janis Rozentāls Riga Art Highschool, foster harmonization of the school’s education programs with the programs of European Union art schools, and support development of the program content.
During vocational practices, Janis Rozentāls Riga Art Highschool students created portfolios in their specialties. They presented their artworks and shared experiences, knowledge, skills and lessons learned with members of the partner schools and students and teachers of Janis Rozentāls Riga Art Highschool. After coming home students organized exhibitions of their artworks.
During exchange visits, teachers gave presentations about innovative ideas and education methods used in vocational art education and showed photographic materials. At the conclusion they shared knowledge, training materials and experiences with their colleagues in partner schools and Janis Rozentāls Riga Art Highschool.
Project main results are:
1. Success stories of project participants;
2. Student practice portfolios;
3. Teacher exchange visit presentations;
4. Exhibitions of practice works at Janis Rozentāls Riga Art Highschool and partner schools;
5. Photo and video materials about project visits;
6. Project booklet with postcards;
7. Project Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/jrrmverasmusproject
As JRRMV education programs represent a specific niche and it has got a unique vocational education system in Latvian, the project has contributed the development of the whole industry, creating a competitive experts and representatives of the creative industries.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation