Používat jazyk k učení, učit se používat jazyk
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
It was lack of teachers who are able to communicate in a foreign language and take part in an interantional cooperation or support teaching general subjects in foreign languages that we see as the primordial impulse to start this project. Gymnazium a Jazykova skola Zlin focuses on extensive foreign language teaching and our aim is to support our pupils`linguistic competence by teaching them to use a foreign language as a means of communication, not just aim. Such use of foreign languages, when pupils think in the language and focus on the problem they need to discuss or solve is, by all means, a very important contribution to their further orientation. To equip our pupils with such ability we need to prepare the staff, our teachers and leaders first not only with a suitable level of a foreign language knowledge but also with new and innovative methods.
The main aim of our project is created by 4 closely connected components.
1. boost and consolidation of our teachers` foreign language knowledge (teachers who do not teach foreign languages)
2. familiarization, adoption and implementation of the CLIL method into practice
3. familiarization, adoption and implementation of new creative and innovative methods into practice; enhancing team work
4. implemenation of changes into the school system; employees support and motivation; the use of international experience for the school practice
There are 22 teachers taking part in our project and are divided into 4 different groups
1. Teachers of general subjects ( Mathematics, Geography, Chemistry, Biology, IT, History, Czech language, Social Science)who are going to improve and enhance their foreign language knowledge and communicative skills. This group creates almost one third of all the participants which we see as a great success.
2. The teachers who have their language knowledge on a suitable level or those who have taken part in a language course are going to take part in coursess on CLIL methodology. There they are going to learrn about main princiles of this method, how to create teaching materials and use proper resources and language, they are going to learn about how to plan and lead lessons or give feedback as well.
3. Teachers of foreign language are going to participate in creative methodology courses and in courses on culture. There they will gain the knowledge that will help us to achieve our target - they will help their colleagues to implement the CLIL method, they will present new methodological approaches and intersting facts from culture and society to all teachers. Awareness of different cultures creates an integral part of the whole teaching process and has an enormous educational effect since it teaches tolerance and a sense of belonging.
4. New methods` implementation, new ways of motivation or employees assessment will be introduced to the members of school management together with the methods of leadership. During their visit school management will be able to meet their colleagues from different European schools and start further school cooperation.
The possibility to take part in mobilities was discussed with all 22 participants together with their needs and plans and also wwith regard to the targets of the project and school concept. All communicationn is arranged by the prroject coordinator. The coordinator cooperates closely with aall the participants and the language agency that is going to provide the mobilities. The coordinator will also help the participants to complete their final report and will receive the feedback.
The project activities will enhance language competence of teachers and their expert skills as they will have get acquainted with new trends in teaching, new methods and the use of new technologies in the classes. The implementation of this knowledge and new skills will bring lessons rich in content that will be interesting and more interactive. Such teaching will have impact on all pupils at school as they will become more motivated not only by the new way of teaching and work but by personal experience of their teachers as well. Thanks to this the pupils`chances to succeed in finding a job or to choose the right career will boost. As CLIL lessons will be implemented into the curriculum and new technology and knowledge appear in lessons of all teachers after meetings and workshops where all will have been informed and after the active introduction of new ways of leading and evaluating teachers`work by school leaders, the level of teaching at school will advance to much higher level and bring it closer to similar schools abroad and we believe that our school will become a real European school with pupils and teachers willing to learn new things and able to communicate and cooperate with schools all over Europe. And we would like to deepen and intensify such cooperation through the Erasmus Plus project or eTwinning tool. We consider this impact to be long-term and we belileve it will bring new chalenges.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation