Poszerzenie kompetencji zawodowych kadry edukacyjn..
Poszerzenie kompetencji zawodowych kadry edukacyjnej Zespołu Szkół Ogólnokształcących w Sejnach poprzez zagraniczną mobilność.
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2016
The Complex of General Schools in Sejny includes:
- Middle School No. 2 of the 3-year cycle of education;
- High School of the 3-year cycle of education;
- Adult Vocational School No. 2 educating the profession technician for a 2-year training cycle.
The Complex employs teachers, administrators and support staff. Currently is working 34 teachers and 358 students are taught. The school boasts the satisfactory achievement of students and the teaching staff is a team of highly qualified teachers, rich seniority and many other skills needed in their daily work with students.
Our main goals we achieved by participating in the project:
- Improving the professional qualifications, including language skills 20 participants to VI 2016,
- Increasing innovation and internationalization of the school to VI 2016,
- Familiarizing with good practice in teaching and working with students with special educational needs and implement solutions gained by 20 school staff during foreign mobility carried out under the project to the VI 2016,
- Increasing the attractiveness and quality of education through the acquisition of new methods of education and modernization teacher workshop to VI 2016,
- Implementation of the foreign mobility 20 employees.
The participants of the project were in total of 20 employees - teaching staff involved in the strategic development of the school. Participants attended staff training, Job Shadowing type - observe the work in the foreign partner school.
Job Shadowing program was established jointly by the school and the host institution, based on their professional competence, also language competence. Job Shadowing improved teachers professional competences (including language competences). Participants had continuous contact with other teachers in Lithuania. In addition, teachers directly experienced the aspects related to the different culture and a different working environment. Participants accompanied to staff of the host institution, asisting and taking regular observations about their work, performed tasks, used competence, culture of the institution, etc. Foreign educational mobility of teachers contributed to greater involvement in international cooperation, developing their competencies and skills. Participation in the foreign mobility affected the fact teachers effectively individualizing work with students with special educational needs (including talented students).
Job Shadowing enhanced professional qualifications of teachers and had an impact on the work of teachers in many areas:
- refreshed interest of teachers in the area of teaching,
- allowed them access to a larger resource materials, methods and techniques,
- encouraged them to adopt a more reflective approach to the way of teaching,
- gave teachers a wider range of methods and techniques which will benefit in the school,
- impact on updating knowledge about other countries and cultures,
- expanded knowledge about Lithuania, which is especially historians will use in the classroom,
- enhanced the career prospects of the teacher,
- motivated teachers to further professional development,
- improved teachers' competence in a foreign language and communication skills,
- promoted the wider use of ICT,
- increased skills in classroom management strategies with students with diverse skills and abilities,
- established contacts with the European teachers,
- encouraged to participate in other programs and enables the development of an initial conversation with a partner on a possible cooperation and provide training for other educational staff in school,
- increased the knowledge of teachers on the funding mechanisms of actions at European level in the field of education.
The acquired knowledge helped teachers to create a database of educational materials for other teachers. Their experience supported colleagues in an effort to improve their skills through participation in training Erasmus +.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation