Polish Your Skills
Start date: Jun 30, 2014,
End date: Jun 29, 2015
In the project "Polish Your Skills" will participate 8 VET students (recent graduates) and 6 vocational teachers from Salesianos Santísima Trinidad in Seville, which are the followings:
- Motor Vehicle Electromechanics
- Consumer Electronic Equipment
- Electromechanical Equipment Installation and Maintenance and Transmission Lines
- Electrical and Automatic Installation
- Machining CNC
The project will take place in Dąbrowa Górnicza, a city in southern Poland. The project is carried out in collaboration with our partner, a Public Vocational Training Centre. Our partnership started thanks to Leonardo da Vinci VETPRO programme in which our Center was a host partner in Spain.
The project will last 12 months and will consist of two mobilities:
• The first mobility is designated for 8 recent graduates, have a duration of one month and It takes place in November 2014. The objective of this mobility is that students undertake internships in companies related to their professional profiles. In this sense our partner who has a large network of companies will be responsible for selecting the companies which meet the students´ profiles and their training programme. Our partner will assign a mentor who together with a tutor of the company will be responsible for evaluating fulfillment of agreement previously agreed. During the mobility of students is planned one follow-up visit by one of the person who form the Project team
• In the second mobility will participate 6 vocational teachers and it will take place between May and June 2015 and the duration will be one week. During the mobility our teaching staff will carry out a monitoring program in the Training Centre of our partner which includes classroom observation, roundtable discussion on current issues in Vocational Training and visits to companies of sectors relevant to the professional profiles of our participants.
The goals we want to achieve with this project are the followings:
• Improve the employability and competitiveness of our vocational training students (intermediate level).
• Improve the quality of training provided at our center in relation to the intermediate level of vocational training and basic vocational education through professional development of our staff.
• Adapt our vocational education and training to the real needs of the European labour market
• Increase language skills of our students and staff
• Promote the use of convalidation tools and recognition of training periods in Europe
• Increase a network of contacts in Europe with training centers, companies and other organizations involved in training and employment.
• Continue promoting the European spirit and European mobility in our Center , achieving a more cohesive society.
• Promote non-discrimination - gender, religious and cultural equality.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation