Po znanje in izkušnje
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
The School Centre Postojna consists of Secondary School, Higher Professional College and the dislocated unit in the Ilirska Bistrica. The Secondary school offers vocational education in addition to general education - gimnasium. Our school work follows a long-term strategy, which provides highly qualified students for the labor market, either at home or in the wider European area. To get highly qualified students, among other things, we take care of the implementation of various international activities. For a consistent and high-quality implementation of international activities, which involves our students, we need to ensure well-trained teachers and provide opportunities for their constant training development and upgrading of their competencies. We prefer quality over quantity, that is why four teachers have been included in the international educational space in the current school year, and in the future one, three more teachers from the programme for the general education we will be integrated. Two of the teachers are language teachers and the other one is the teacher of Physics. All three teachers are interculturally oriented, successful in their work and dedicated, but with each generation of students, both the school and the teachers are faced with new challenges. The current project has brought new methods and materials for teaching languages, but the introduction of these new methods and materials has brought new challenges. The purpose of this project is to expand international cooperation in three directions:
1. Training in the field of stress and visualization,
2. Teaching abroad
3. Training in preparation and management of international projects.
Three completely different domains have been chosen for the following reasons:
1. We find that more and more students and teachers are faced with various stressful situations that make their work difficult and create unnecessary conflicts. Both students and teachers are therefore more stressed and less successful at their work than they would have been otherwise.
2. If we want to follow the long-term goal of establishing individual mobilities at the level of general education, it is not enough to know your partners, but it is necessary to know the organization of the partner school abroad, the distribution and content of its curricula, their methods of work and the programme content.
3. According to the growing tendency for international involvement and participation of students (domestic and foreign), as well as the school environment, we are confronted with the fact that it will be necessary to expand the work in the field of international content and make is possible with a new competent employee and skills.
For each area that represents a new challenge for us, we have found a suitable education area or training abroad and consequently decided to submit this project.
We believe that from the first training, besides free knowledge for the school, we will get a teacher who will transfer the knowledge of visualization to the teachers and students (direct use). At the same time, the teacher will be able to show her fellow teachers how to avoid and prevent stressful situations and unnecessary conflicts.
The second "training" - roaming will send to the teaching staff a strong message: "I can teach in English, even though I'm not a language teacher". For the participating teacher, the training will strengthen his self-affirmation and raise his self-esteem. And for the school, we will get examples of good practice in the field of science and accurate information about the organization and content of the host school to be able to start the first project in the field of science, and in this way encourage students (at the moment very few students choose to study sciences in comparison to previous years) to continue their education in sciences.
The third training is directed primarily long-term, but in the next school year we want to start with educating a new teacher for the future work in the international area.
The long-term objectives of the project/s:
- An increase in international activities - the integration of a large number of students and teachers in international mobility - by 2020 we plan 20% involved students a year and 15% of teachers.
- To encourage the learning of foreign languages, acceptance of different cultures and to increase interests in science content - by 2020 we expect 40% of the students in general education to choose, in addition to two foreign languages, a third one as an optional subject, and 10% more students will choose the subjects of natural sciences for final examination (since this indicates the continuation of studies in the natural sciences).
Believing that the project will go on smoothly and in accordance with the planning, the coordinator will be responsible for the project management, contract obligations and schedule. If necessary, he will provide the participants support in logistic matters.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation