PIRAMOVILIDAD Movilidad del Pirámide a través de l..
PIRAMOVILIDAD Movilidad del Pirámide a través de los Pirineos
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2016
FINAL REPORT - PIRAMOVILIDAD
Our school has a wide range of experiences in mobility programs for students in vocational education with funding from the Erasmus and cross-border cooperation programs. Our students have done short and long-term internships in companies in France, the UK, Ireland, Italy and Romania. Our partnership links with schools and companies in southern France are particularly strong because of Aragón´s border nature.
The Chemistry Department at our school has been seeking steadier partnerships with other VET schools in southern France during the last two years in order to increase the employability of our students after they get their diplomas.
We have had a number of PIREMOBV cross-border cooperation projects over the last two years under the framework of POCTEFA (Programa de Cooperación Territorial España-Francia-Andorra). These projects consisted of mobility programs for short-term traineeships, in partnership with the Lycée Professionnel JM Jacquard in Lavelanet (Midi Pyrenées). Our Advanced VET students taking a diploma in Analysis and Quality Control Laboratory did short term traineeships in French companies in Midi Pyrenées. In turn, our school has acted as a host institution for short term stays of VET chemistry students from that school, attending lessons of the VET Chemistry section.
NUMBER AND PROFILE OF PARTICIPANTS:
Four of our Level 3 VET students enjoyed a one-week mobility, consisting of their attendance to laboratory practical lessons at the French VET School Legta Etienne Restat. They also visited some enterprises which cooperate with that school. The students are currently enrolled in second year of Laboratory Operations and they had done about 1400 hours of theoretical and practical training on laboratory procedures prior to their mobilities.
Regarding staff mobility, two teachers from the Department of Chemistry have done a five-day mobility for teacher training. During their stay, they have also tutored the students on site during their mobilities.
• September 2015: coordination with our French partner to arrange the activities. Meeting with students to present the program. Student registration and further selection.
• From the first week of October 2015 to the last week of January 2016: French lessons.
• From 25 January to 7 February 2016: Mobility for Student Training. It consisted of a two-week mobility of four of our Level 3 students at Lycée Etienne Restat. Assessment of mobility.
• From 25 to 30 January 2016: Mobility for Teacher Training. It consisted of five-day mobility (Monday to Friday) of two teachers from the Chemistry Department. They did job-shadowing in theoretical and practical lessons of our French partners. They also took the chance to supervise the activities undertaken by our students during their first week of their mobility. On return, the teachers assessed their own mobility.
• May 2016: Hosting of 30 students and three accompanying teachers from Lycée Etienne Restat to take part in practical lessons with our VET Chemistry students. They also visited some companies in our area. On the other hand, two students from Lycée Professionnel JM Jacquard did a traineeship in a hosting company which collaborates with CPIFP Pirámide.
CPIFP Pirámide students’ journey was arranged by our institution and their accommodation was arranged by Lycée Etienne Restat in their halls of residence. Two teachers accompanied students in their first week of stay. Lycée Restat Etienne organized the schedule of activities and tutored and supervised the students during their stay. Teacher stays and accommodation was arranged in the same way. The assessment of the mobilities was carried out by the organizing committee, together with the participants.
This stay has helped students to gain autonomy in their work, to understand their professional sector and to improve their French language skills. In the long term, we hope it will increase their employability in our region, including southern France. Teachers also benefitted from the experience because it helped them rethink their teaching strategies in the classroom, put new ideas and new lab procedures into practice, as well as use modern lab equipment. They identified new ways of cooperation between companies and VET schools.
LONG TERM BENEFITS:
CPIFP Pirámide, Lycée Etienne Restat and Lycée Professionnel JM Jacquard have strengthened their international cooperation, which started some time earlier. At a local level, we must bear in mind that Aragon has many commercial and industrial relations with Aquitaine and Midi Pyrénées. This educational exchange has helped promote the province of Huesca amongst Aquitaine and Midi Pyrénées citizens, both as a tourist and a business destination.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation