Photo planet picture Earth
Start date: Feb 1, 2015,
End date: Sep 30, 2015
The project is a seven-day Youth Exchange involving 50 young people from Austria, Croatia, Serbia, Bulgaria, Romania, Poland, Macedonia, Albania, Kosovo, Greece to be held in Vienna, Austria, in May 2015.
Young people in Europe today are usually urban dwellers with little contact with the natural environment as the modern lifestyle is focused on indoor activities combined with sedentary use of new technologies. By taking young people from across Europe and teaching those the skills of landscape photography in the beautiful countryside young people are given a stake in the environment and a solid reason to want to preserve it, not giving up the tech devices then utilizing them for the better cause. Not only this but the photographs they take with inputs of professionals can be used to spread the word and inspire other people to also use and preserve the natural environment. It will therefore utilize workshops on why the environment is important, what threats it faces, whether or not we need to preserve the environment and how to use aspects of photography, such as photographic composition, lightning and effects, with the aim being to put on an creative exhibition of the participants photographs reachable to many young people locally, and across Europe.
Specific objectives of YE are to:
- Stimulate young people's spirit of initiative using method of creative photography for their ability to create pictures,
- Promote photography as a tool of protecting environment,
- Creating the space for acquisition of knowledge and skills useful for persons' professional development,
- Foster mutual better understanding of ecological situation and culture in countries of participants and develop a sense of ecological awareness,
- Campaign against climate change and environmental degradation using offline and online tools,
- Encourage youth to further influence media, in the topic of ecology, in their own countries,
- Promote cross-border cooperation in the fight against climate change.
Methodology used is based on the principles of non-formal and informal education, including discussions, team work in small groups, role plays, and input of facilitators, field work and open space.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation