Perform Your Life
Start date: Jul 15, 2014,
End date: Mar 1, 2015
Erasmus+ KA1_Mobility of learners and staff_Youth mobility
Title: Perform Your Life
Dates: 5-12 October, 2014
Venue: Sliema, Malta
Total amount of participants: 28
Countries: Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Romania and Turkey
The target group - youth leaders, youth workers, volunteers, other educators who:
1. work with young people with fewer opportunities
2. want to expand their experience within the field of Social Entrepreneurship
3. planning/want to organise training courses (or similar educational activities) for young people by providing them with theoretical and practical approaches to Entrepreneurship and Business start-up.
Working language: English
The Project "Perform Your Life" is a seven day training course based on non-formal and informal learning techniques. It is designed for youth workers, youth leaders and other educators working with young people with fewer opportunities. The main idea of the project is to equip youth workers with the necessary competencies for Social Entrepreneurship, delivering them to the young people with fewer opportunities they work with. Thus we want to increase young people's possibility to be active in society, develop ideas and initiatives, as well as contributing to reduce the level of unemployment among young people with fewer opportunities.
The main goal is to develop youth trainers' entrepreneurial competencies through an effective communication of Social Entrepreneurship skills and some familiarity with the concept of Business start-up.
Main objectives (and sub-objectives) of the training course:
1. to equip youth workers with knowledge and skills needed to prepare, run and evaluate educational activities for young people:
- to identify the key components of effective learning;
- to provide different approaches on learning methods and styles.
2. to de-mystify the concepts behind social entrepreneurship and foster the participants' approach to using it as a tool to work with young people;
- to present good practice in Social Entrepreneurship so that young people will entertain the idea of developing it themselves.
3. to provide meaningful methods of entrepreneurial education to work with young people
- to show practically to participants the methods that are used to engage young people with activities based on entrepreneurship
- to challenge participants with methods using experiential learning (learning by doing).
The project will be followed by a special input of intercultural learning, through which the participants will have the opportunity to explore the diversity of cultures and ensure cultural awareness.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation