PERFECCIONAMIENTO DE LAS COMPETENCIAS LINGÜÍSTICAS..
PERFECCIONAMIENTO DE LAS COMPETENCIAS LINGÜÍSTICAS, CULTURALES Y METODOLÓGICAS DEL PROFESORADO DEL IES AS LAGOAS
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2016
The situation of today's society, immersed in the culture of globalisation and in such a diverse, changing world regarding technology and science, demands an education which can face these challenges.
The increasingly emerging tendency of intercultural and multilingual education promotes the learning of foreign languages as a gateway to take advantage of more flexible career paths.
Apart from this, teachers are not only asked for being experts on their subject, but also need to show further knowledge and skills in other subject areas, as for example in the use of ICTs. This is why there is a need to have welltrained teachers.
Considering that teachers' training is a complex and constant long term process, and that each has its own personal and professional characteristics, what we want with this project is that all participants feel integrated, linked and that they feel free to design their own formative programme according to their starting level and professional and personal needs.
Seven staff members of our high school are assisting with this project and they can be classified into four categories:
- Non-specialist teachers who want to improve and broaden their linguistic skills in a foreign language.
- Foreign language teachers who wish to develop their communication and linguistic skills and acquire new and specialised knowledge in the field of methodology.
- Training teachers of other subjects (CLIL who want to expand and improve their teacher-training capacity ) in the area of applying ICTs.
- Members of the school Leadership team who participate in this project to get insight into new educational tools adequate for the teaching
The activities to be carried out in this project may be sorted into three general
lines of inquiry:
1) Foreign language training
2) Innovative foreign language teacher training and new pedagogical methodology
3) Training for use of new information technologies and Internet applications in class.
The methodology used in this project is based on active learning and collaborative learning, on sharing experience and ideas and on involving all participants in decision making based on consent to achieve best results as:
- Improve language skills or acquire new ones
- Acquire new skills and gain fresh perspectives about the application of new information and communication technologies in education
- Develop applications and educational materials
- Promote teachers to get more and better solutions at facing diversity and students' needs.
All these benefits will also have a positive impact on our high school. This school activity aims to raise awareness about the importance of personal mobility for education and training purposes offered by the European Community programmes and to extend these kind of activities to all our students. We want to ensure that our positive experience in former COMENIUS project continues in the future with the new European Community programmes.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation