PENTRU O ŞCOALA ÎN SCHIMBARE
Start date: Aug 1, 2015,
End date: Jul 31, 2016
Our school has got 680 students, including 80 students who attend their courses on the reduced frequency system, and students from the children’s centres (orphans, semiorphans, or abandoned children).
There are a number of 20 students with special needs.
20% of our students are rural, coming from the villages
Our school is a mixed school , having a Romanian section of 30% and Hungarian section in a percentage of 70%. The Rrom students attend their courses in either Hungarian or Romanian classes, according to the main language spoken in their families.
After analyzing the problems we confront with and their causes we identified our institution’s main needs
1. Increasing motivation for learning in a European context
2. Providing the equality of chances for our Hungarian and Romanian students
3. A new approach to the didactical process and to the managerial politics of the school
The objectives of the project
We considered necessary for our colleagues to participate in Erasmus+ training courses because of the problems we identified in our institution, such as:
The weak motivation of our students for learning, due to the ineffectiveness of the traditional teaching methods used by some of our teachers
Weak results at the National Evaluation exams at the end of the 8th grade, low admission to high schools, due to the students’ unsatisfactory training, and the used teaching methods.
Occurrence of intolerance and agresivity caused by the cultural and linguistic differences in our multicultural surroundings
Our teachers’ teaching methods do not meet our students’ actual need
Therefore 3 teachers participated in the training course “Creativity and Interculturality” and other 3 teachers in the course “Strategic Management” and important changes have been noticed in the process of teaching and learning in our school, especially regarding the problems identified in the needs’ analysis
The objectives of the project have been mostly realized, and will be finalized during the coming school year 2016-2017
1. as a result of the use of interactive teaching methods and of the diversification of the educational offer our students’ motivation for learning has increased, and the results of the National Evaluation Exam have increased as against to last year.
2. The equality of chances has been ensured by implying a large number of students in various educational activities and by the revaluation of the educational offer for every student, regardless their nationality.
3. A change can also be noticed in the managerial politics of the school in the sense of a new approach to the relationship with the teachers, new strategies in solving difficult situations, improvement of communication in all levels, new strategies in attracting parents.
4. new contacts have been set with other course participants to continue with other projects like eTwinning, in which we could involve our students as well, and could provide a dimension of a European character
The selection of the participants has been effectuated in a strict process, after setting a methodology of selection which included preliminary established criteria. It was considered that participants should be of different curricular areas, to be able to have a greater impact on the whole instructive educative process.
Secondly the courses were chosen considering their contents and how they could meet the Institutional Development Plan, and our teachers’ individual needs and their willingness to involve in the project. In the selection the equality of chances was also considered when choosing teachers who hadn’t had former training experience abroad or were debutants.
Teachers from the following curricular areas participate in the project: Man and Society, Arts, Science, Primary Teachers, Pre-primary teachers, and the Managerial team
A committee has been set to the selection of the participants
The teachers who expressed their intention to participate in this project have been selected according to the following criteria:
Individual training needs and their accordance to the school’s needs
The results in the activities with students in various school subjects, National Evaluation, Contests
Participation in training courses abroad: 5 people hadn’t attended such courses
The courses our teachers attended were:
Creativity and Interculturality
Expected results and impact
After the implementation of the project an improvement in the quality of the educational process and an improvement of the school’s image in the local community can be observed
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation