Start date: Jul 1, 2015,
End date: Oct 1, 2015
The youth exchanges project PENTINCO 2015 is the follow up project of ZORBA 2011, JEROMBA 2012, TRIOMBA 2013 and PRODELTA 2014.
The first part (ZORBA 2011) was organized in Loutraki, Greece, with overwhelming success; the second part (JEROMBA 2012) was organized in Leuven, Belgium, with an even better outcome. The third and fourth edition were organized in Greece.
We are now presenting the fifth PENTINCO 2015 project that will be organized in July 2015 in a venue in Portugal.
The aim of the project is to provide young people with a framework for a healthy lifestyle by focusing on the benefits of participating in outdoors activities. Young people are provided with information and intellect, tools and resources related to the employment market. Indeed, it are the same competencies as mentioned hereunder that are valued in the professional context.
Attention is paid to acquire the following competencies:
2. Team building,
3. Can do attitude,
5. Social & communication skills,
6. Linguistic skills.
In this project, the focus remains largely the same, but additionally this project offers to assistant coaches the opportunity to develop specific leadership competences such as Taking the lead, responsibility, presentation and organizational skills.
The objective of the PENTINCO 2015 project is to increase their insight and comprehension of the job market and to prepare the youngsters for their professional life. In the near future, there will be increasing skills requirements at the labour market and generic skills (such as communication skills and entrepreneurship) will be more and more valued.
We want to improve the level of key competencies and skills of young people including those with fewer opportunities, as well as to promote participation in democratic life in Europe and the labor market, and active citizenship.
The purpose of the PENTINCO 2015 project, organized this year in Porto / Portugal, is to offer:
1. An introduction to the employment market.
2. A discussion forum on “New skills for New jobs”, being an actual topic at the European Commission.
3. The possibility to boost their competencies.
4. The creation of potential professional relationships in the future.
5. A platform for the creation of shared understanding of central concepts like non formal learning, active participation, reflection on European citizenship and social inclusion of young people with fewer opportunities.
6. A framework for personal enrichment, an opportunity to develop interpersonal skills, communication skills, self-confidence, and other skills.
7. The opportunity to communicate in different languages.
In particular, we offer to a group of 60 young people (20 Spanish, 20 Belgian and 20 Portuguese teenagers, equally represented male-female) the opportunity to develop specific competencies and to reflect on their professional future.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation