„Pedagogické praxe českých učitelů odborných předm..
„Pedagogické praxe českých učitelů odborných předmětů a praktického vyučování v zahraničí“
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
The aim of the project “Teaching experience of Czech VET teachers abroad” is to enable VET teachers teaching practice in an international environment, specifically at secondary technical and vocational schools or university centers in the Netherlands and the Slovak Republic.
The project consortium will consist of three European institutions dealing with training of teachers of vocational subjects and practical training i.e. – Institute of Education and Communication (IEC) CULS Prague, Stoas Wageningen Vilentum (the Netherlands) and Department of Education and Psychology of the Slovak Agricultural University in Nitra (Slovakia) and their training secondary and vocational schools.
Participants of the mobilities will be compiled from the members of two target groups:
The first group will consist of teachers of vocational subjects from Czech secondary vocational schools who are simultaneously expanding their professional portfolio with teacher training at the IEC CULS Prague. Their internship will have a form of a teaching practice at selected foreign secondary vocational school, which has in its curriculum subject of specialization of the outgoing teacher.
The second target group will be IEC teachers, who teach the subject didactics of the vocational training and other courses aimed at vocational education. Participants of the second target group will work in a foreign university department which deals with the preparation of secondary school teachers of vocational subjects. They will perform lectures and "shadowing" the foreign colleagues there. An integral part of their stay will be an evaluation of the final output of the participants of the first target group at the receiving training school.
Applicant will send a total of eight secondary school teachers and four university teachers to these work stays during the two-year project.
The applicant assumes that the activities of the solved project will positively affect:
- support mobility of the workforce in vocational education and training (which is in line with one of the EQF priorities) and to improve the recognition of learning outcomes through certificates ECVET
- professional development of the participants of the target group - the professional and educational competence of all participants and thus raise their competitiveness on the labour market
- the development of intercultural and language skills of participants and evaluation skills of interns
- quality of the teaching of vocational subjects that participants in both target groups teach at their home schools
- innovation of activities and enrichment of teaching practices carried out during the study of the programme "Specialization in Pedagogy" at IEC (applicant)
- deepening and strengthening cooperation of the partner institutions with their training schools, which provide teacher training experience of its students
- development of cooperation between the applicant institution and foreign organizations that are specialized in vocational training, allowing transfer of good practice into Czech environment.
In addition to the actual professional and personal development of participants the main outcomes of the project will be completed forms with answers to the questions concerning their educational work abroad (sets of questions will collect information on the educational methods, forms and approaches at host workplaces), recognized teaching practice and lectures abroad on the basis of certificates ECVET and Europass - mobility and dissemination workshop at the IEC.
The results from study tours will be published in the journal Agricultural School and in the Bulletin of the CULS Prague and further disseminated through international conferences EDUCO (January 2016 and 2017, Tatranská Štrba, Slovakia) and ENTER Study days (May 2016, Prague).
The experience gained from this project will be forwarded and presented by participants to their Czech colleagues at meetings of the teaching staff and to students within their lessons.
The basis for evaluating the success of the project and quality of the outputs will be the final reports of participants, completed evaluation questionnaires, monitoring report of the project coordinator and a written evaluation of the final output of each participant performed by an international team (one teacher from hosting University, two teachers from IEC and one teacher from the foreign training vocational school).
Exchange of experience with foreign colleagues, meeting new or other teaching practices, forms and methods, insights into several teaching units of their subject, solving tasks during the internship will allow participants of both target groups to expand not only their knowledge, but also their intercultural skills.
The applicant assumes that the implementation of the mobility KA1 will intensify the cooperation between partner universities in the future, these activities will expand on other projects within the Erasmus+ KA2 - strategic partnerships.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation