Partnership per un Apprendimento eccellente nelle..
Partnership per un Apprendimento eccellente nelle Lingue Straniere
Start date: Sep 1, 2014,
End date: Aug 31, 2017
Multilingualism represents an overarching question of great importance, embracing as it does all areas of an individual’s social, cultural and professional life. The literature reveals very close ties between multilingual literacy and socio-economic conditions: the possession of adequate language competence is a prerequisite to guaranteeing employability, to enable the exercise of active citizenship in the context of economic and cultural internationalisation and to contribute to personal development and collective prosperity (ref. “Language Competences for Employability and Growth”, the European Commission).
Within the current ‘Learning Society’, mobility and the enhancement of linguistic diversity are central to the politics of education and training amongst the European member-states and the surrounding regions.
Bringing together organisations from different institutional backgrounds (IPRASE, NILE/DELTA Language Training & Consultancy Ltd, the Goethe Institute and Bell Educational Services Ltd) that are involved in the promotion of foreign language teaching and learning processes, this project proposal of ‘Strategic Partnership’ aims to promote innovation in the didactic planning of English and German as foreign languages with reference to the real needs expressed by specific learner targets.
With the above in mind, and with distinct differentiation with respect to the diverse scholastic pathways mentioned above, the Partnership aims to develop:
A complete didactic model, separated into innovative practices and approaches based on multimedia tools, to both favour English and German language learning and also to develop a greater understanding of the cultural, social and value dimensions of their respective linguistic contexts, the whole being differentiated according to the distinct secondary-school instructional pathways within the high school, technical school and professional school environments.
- Approaches, methodologies and innovative didactic tools for the definition of ‘best practice’ models for the teaching and learning of the English and German languages, with a view to the continuous professional development of the teaching involved.
- Efficacious responses to the needs of the young generation for the acquisition not only of the communicative competences necessary for “everyday social contexts” (Basic interpersonal communication skills – BICS), but also for the more targeted competences in the field of “academic or school language: abstract and decontextualized” (Cognitive Academic Language Proficiency - CALP);
- The extension of the learning environment within and beyond the classroom and of the modality and the content of learning through TIC (Information and Communication Technology).
The project will be developed over thirty-six months, a period that will see the Partners involved in various cooperative activities aimed towards three principal outputs and two multiplier events.
In order to develop the above-mentioned objectives, the following activities will be initiated:
- An action-research activity to identify a compendium of the English and German language methodological-didactic practices within the Italian context referred to in the project, and the best quality teacher-training practices implemented by the overseas Partners. (O1/A1).
- A planning activity involving the Partners leading towards the definition of guiding methodology frameworks for innovative didactic practices in the development of excellence in English and German language learning (O1/A1).
- A formulation, projection and implementation activity leading to the creation of a complete instructional model for the teaching of English and German L2, consisting of a collection of modules and teaching tools aimed at the different instructional needs found in high-schools, technical schools and professional schools, with particular attention being paid to TIC (O3/A1). This resulting didactic model will be carefully trialled in the four state-schools participating in the project under the supervision of IPRASE.
Two open events will be programmed in Italy respectively to launch the development process and to present the results obtained from the project (Project Outputs), both of which may in turn be presented in the organisational and regional contexts of the Participating Partners, leading to the possibility of the continuation and further development of the project’s outputs. It is the further intention of the project to continue the collaboration with the overseas partners with the scope of sustaining the mutual mission and its expectations in relation to the actions taken, leading to the strengthening of multilingualism. The Partnership action-plan predicts the realisation of six international meetings that represent key moments for the planning of the project and for the follow-up on results obtained by the Strategic Partnership.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation