Partir et ouvrir son regard sur les autres avec Er..
Partir et ouvrir son regard sur les autres avec Erasmus+
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
Since many years, « Maisons Familiales Rurales” of Franche-Comté have been working on setting internships for our students and apprentices via the previous Leonardo program.
It seems obvious for us to work on the new Erasmus+ project entitled “leave and open up your mind and look to the others”. We will focus on several objectives:
- The acquisition of new professional practices, both technical and educational.
- Open-mindedness to the world and to the others
- Become more autonomous and mature
- Experiencing a unique mobility
Several profiles of participants would participate to this project:
- First of all, the students, apprentices and students trainees from the MFR of Franche-Comté. Most of them are preparing a BTEC National with different specializations: agriculture, management of the fauna and flora, landscaping skills, horticultural and forest skills, care services. We will also have some students specialized in services who prepare a NVQ or are pre-apprentices. We can actually count on more than 180 learners who will go on European work placement
-Some members of the MFR staff: 20 people, most of them are teachers.
- Members of the board of directors: the board of directors is composed of parents from all the MFR. Their role is highly important for the management of our associations. The 20 members who would participate will have a “political” goal: spread the development of our associations in Europe to create more partnerships.
-Tutors and professionals. We would like to find 10 people who would get involved ; Their project would be more focused on professional practices, the transmission of their skills and their experience.
-newly graduated students: we would like to propose to 10 of our freshly former students who have just passed their diploma to participate. The Youth Information Center of Franche-Comté is a partner of this project to send other young adults outside the MFR network so they can have a 3-month internship in Europe.
We can all notice that it will be the unique opportunity for some of our students to travel abroad. A majority can’t travel with their families for economic reasons. Moreover, 80% of our students live in rural areas and stay attached to their territory.
The activities planned will be mainly focused on a professional internship in a company. They will be defined according to the professional sector. Cultural and historical visits could also be done during their free time. The participants would so open to other cultures, other realities, other traditions.
In order to manage the project, a consortium was created. Several training centers work together and gather theirs methods and practices. The Regional Federation of the Franche-Comté MFR runs the project. Many coordination meetings have been set up to follow up the project. The sharing out of the tasks has been organized in order to allow each sending school to focus on the participants.
Through this experience, we hope that the participants will acquire a different approach of Europe, of other cultures. They will hopefully discover and use other professional practices, and therefore, develop their technical and linguistic skills.
There will be important impacts on the individual themselves, on the sending institution and surely on a regional and even national level. The school will next organize some talking spaces and events to put forward the experiences and newly acquired skills. It will be open to all, so everyone would be able to judge and enjoy the values of such a project. Many public meetings will be organized through the region with a special award event to give a Europass to the participants. The regional Federation takes part to national workshops, and we are presently working on new other and more strategic projects in order to emphasize the impact, and make new specific projects for each participant
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation