Start date: Jul 1, 2015,
End date: Jan 1, 2017
The association esta e. V. is a Christian Youth Organisation that faces many challenges and difficult circumstances e.g. high unemployment, single parent families and a growing drug problem induced through the geographical vicinity to Poland and Czech Republic. With the project we want to offer additional activities which empower young people to take increased responsibilities and to encourage young people to develop their skills and abilities in our daily work.
1. enhancement of the key competences of the young people involved in the EVS project
2. promotion of the quality in the youth work through co-operation with European partners
3. increase international dimension of the association esta e.V. by development of partnership and intercultural offers of the volunteer in the local work
One volunteer from Romania takes part in the project and belongs to the Hungarian minority. By economic difficulties of the family Erasmus+ is the unique possibility to gather international experience and mobility.
Based on experiences in child and youth work the profile of the volunteer and the requirements of the project agree.
1. project work in school club of the Augustum-Annen-Secondary School Görlitz
2. weekly child groups
3. take part in a children camp for one week end
4. assistance in the activities of the “Freundeskreis Rumänien”, especially in the annual evening event with reports about the work
arrangement of the intercultural training for the youth want to take part in the annual Roma camp in Nagygalambfalva
The volunteer acquires theoretical and practical knowledge in child and youth work. These skills he can use in the voluntary local work in the native country and also for a new perspective in the occupational career. He will be trained in living with other international volunteers in a shared flat. He also acquires team spirit and power of judgment.
For a manageable city like Görlitz with low percentage of foreigners meetings with people from other countries are very helpful, particularly if they are here for a long term and take part in activities.
Meetings international volunteers participate will affect the work in the whole region.
During events of the YMCA Schlesische Oberlausitz the volunteers are involved by preparing parts of the programme and bring in their own background and native country. This is an important impact for the local and regional level and the dissemination of project results. These activities introduce wide opening of the society. In this way personal relations are building and this is important against xenophobia.
Results are knowledge and experience gained by the participants, learners or staff. We want to disseminate the project results to interested persons and organisations through publishment in our magazines and on the organisational websites.
- Information about our big events (e.g. annual event about our partnership with Romania) in the local and regional newspaper
- Interviews with volunteers in the newspaper and our magazines
- Application of presentations created by EVS volunteers
- Film documentation, created by volunteers, to spread the results to other interested partners
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation