Pameistrystės diegimo iššūkiai
Start date: Jun 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2017
The concept of apprenticeship is based on the teaching and learning at the work place. Implementation of apprenticeship in Lithuania, where the majority of VET programmes are school-based, raises a number of challenges.
With regard to that the responsible staff members of 3 Lithuanian VET institutions - Vilniaus statybininkų rengimo centras, Alytaus profesinio rengimo centras, Kauno socialinių paslaugų ir statybos verslo darbuotojų profesinio rengimo centras – have analysed and detected the technological and didactical competences that are most required by the trainers as well as the current state of apprenticeship training in Lithuania and the prerequisites for its further development. Based on that the idea of the project was proposed aiming at transferring and adapting the best practice examples dealing with introduction of innovative methods and teaching/learning materials in practical training as well as gaining experience in development of apprenticeship-based models in construction sector.
Partners of the consortium have the established sectoral practical training centres at their institutions, featuring up-to-date equipment, application of innovative technological processes. The centres serve as practical training fields for trainees and students from other VET institutions and secondary schools of Lithuania. Therefore, the project participants aim at acquiring the knowledge, comptences and experience in the following areas:
• innovative practical training systems and research of real-life situations in business and construction;
• establishment of living labs (work places) corresponding to the needs of the labour market;
• development of cooperation between VET providers and representatives of science, Higher education, art, etc. in order to foster creativity and innovations;
• learning of apprenticeship models, development and experiences in other countries;
• analysing external processes in implementation of apprenticeship – involvement of social partners, quality management, legal basis, funding opportunities, etc.
• getting acquainted with work-based learning model, development of training programmes, duration and course of training.
Job shadowing visits are planned in 5 EU institutions, during which 20 participants of the project will observe the theoretical and practical classes, organisation of apprenticeship-based learning, will visit practical training facilities , thus getting to know the training programmes and methods, organisation of work placements in companies and cooperation with social partners. Project participants will be able to improve their language skills and to learn about different cultures and people.
As a follow-up activity the participants will provide recommendations on improvement of the practical training system, will introduce the main aspects of apprenticeship training in other countries and will give proposals on how apprenticeship could be developed and organized in Lithuanian VET institutions. Seminars will be organised for the representatives of managers, trainers, social partners and policy makers of VET sector.
All the participants will be issued Europass Mobility document and a certificate for the acquired competences.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation