Overcome your fears, be self-confident!
Start date: Jan 1, 2015,
End date: Sep 30, 2015
Youth Exchange “Overcome your fears, be self-confident!” brought together 32 young people from Estonia, Portugal, Spain, Greece and Romania for 14 days (15.-28.08.2015) to Valga County in South Estonia. Participants were aged 16-25, mainly from rural areas and small towns and currently not having a healthy lifestyle and having several challenges in their lives.
Project aimed to promote healthy lifestyle, improve participants’ mental and physical health and develop self-confidence.
Concrete objectives are as follows:
- Promote healthy lifestyle with focus on mental and physical health of participants
- Build participants self-confidence and leadership skills through games and sport activities
- Discover new ways how to use sports/games to build trust, confidence, improve communication and cooperation skills and tackle gender issues
- Encourage participants to overcome their personal fears (like water, height, not trusting other people etc) and take new challenges in life
- Promote healthy lifestyle as a way of thinking, including mental health and care of environment
- Share experiences between different countries to support healthy lifestyle
- Get Estonian youth and youth in participating countries more involved in healthy lifestyle and build strong network between participants for healthy lifestyle network
All activities carried out during the exchange were based on non-formal learning and carried out by participants themselves. Different methods were used, such as teamwork, role-play, discussions, meetings with expert, sport activities, individual tasks and activities like slip and slide canoeing, zorbing and water-jumping.
After the project participants changed their lives: way of thinking and behaviour. They are doing more exercise, eating healthier and taking care of their mental health (avoiding stress). They are working constantly on overcoming their challenges and fears and taking up new challenges and initiatives and inspiring others. They have gained self-confidence and they have built a strong network of friendship with other participants.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation