Oudoor Leisure Education
Start date: Jan 5, 2015,
End date: Jan 4, 2017
OLE: Outdoor Leisure Education project is a youth mobility project, more exactly an EVS project focused on the outdoor activities.
Assuming that more and more young people spend their free time in a sedentary and solitary way, this projects provides an extremely generous setting for exploring transnational volunteering solutions using outdoor/ sports activities in relation with the members of the target group from Arad/Romania. The young people that will be part of this EVS mobility will be from Macedonia, Portugal and Spain (9 people in total) and will work in mixed teams for 11 months (starting from 15th of April 2015).
The main objectives of the projects:
- Develop the social capital of the young people involved in the project (EVS Volunteers), encourage and develop their ability to get involved in the society; develop skills that will contribute to their employability and respectively to their prosperity and social inclusion across Europe and beyond.
- Making the members of the target group of the project, the 50 children (10-14 years) and youth (15-30 years) from Arad, aware of the importance of movement for their lives and health.
The main activities of the project, thought so as to answer the needs of the EVS volunteer and exclusively based on non-formal educational methods, include among others the following:
1) Horsemanship as form of outdoor leisure activity and of personal development within Pony Club. Examples of working methods: workshops for reflecting on the benefits of the horsemanship on the health; workshop “Horsemanship, a way of personal development”; riding a horse initiation workshop; support activities for promoting horsemanship among the youth; activities for promoting volunteering within Pony Club, etc.
2) Hiking as an alternative of leisure activity with the association “Veniti cu noi” (“Come with us”). Examples of working methods: workshops for reflecting on the benefits of hiking on the health; workshops “Hiking, the path to personal development; organizing trekking in Arad county; support activities for promoting hiking among the youth; activities for promoting volunteering within the association “Veniti cu noi”.
3) Dancing as a form of expression, creativity and leisure (also possible outdoor) within the Children’s Palace. Examples of working methods: workshops for reflecting on the benefits of dace in the health; workshops “Dancing for personal development”; workshops of modern dancing or sport dancing; improvisation sessions through dancing; activities for promoting volunteering within the Children’s Palace. (We will try to carry out these activities outdoor, as an alternative to the ballroom).
4) Bicycle, a leisure activity and an alternative means of transport within “Asociatia Biciclistilor Amatori” (Amateur Bicyclists Association). Examples of working methods: workshops for reflecting on the benefits of cycling on the health; workshops “The bicycle towards personal development”; initiation on bicycle riding workshop; configuring routes for cyclists in the Mures Floodplain Natural Park and around Arad; activities for promoting volunteering within “Asociatia Biciclistilor Amatori”.
5) Promoting outdoor activities and sports, especially as a form of self-improvement, as a form of gaining trust in other persons, as learning teamwork, within “Asociatia Voluntarii Lunca Muresului” (Mures Floodplain Volunteering Association). Examples of working methods: basketball/volleyball/handball workshops carried out outdoor.
6) Promoting culture and civilization elements from the countries where the EVS volunteers come from within “Centrul Judetean de Voluntariat Arad” (The Center of Volunteers from Arad County). Examples of working methods: workshops for presenting different habits, traditions; cooking workshops; workshops of national dances from the countries where the volunteers come from.
7) Promoting Erasmus+ among young people and among the active organizations from Arad county through EUROPE DIRECT Arad and through the branch from Arad of The Center of Volunteers from Arad County. Examples of working methods: World Café, interactive workshops.
After participating in this EVS project, we anticipate that the EVS volunteers will gain entrepreneurial, civic, social interpersonal and communication in a foreign language competences that will become extremely useful in their labor market integration and in their social inclusion in Europe and beyond.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation