Opportunities through prism of conflict
Start date: Apr 10, 2015,
End date: Jul 9, 2015
Our project "Opportunities through prism of conflict" is a common initiative of the partner organizations from Poland, Italy, Macedonia, Lithuania, Latvia, Slovakia, Romania, Croatia. The main activities will be held in Poronin - a small village, situated in the Tatra Mountains (Poland) from 3rd to10th October 2015. The training course will be attended by a total of 26 participants (3 from each group and 2 coaches) aged 18-28 years.
The project reflects the needs of all partner organizations. Through our actions, closely linked to the working through of the local projects, we plan to expand the knowledge of youth workers about:
- Developing a common understanding (and common language) basic concepts such as peace, violence and human rights, and to examine the links between them;
- Provide participants with theoretical and practical facilities in order to understand the concept of conflict and its dynamics;
-Create tools for conflict analysis;
- Strengthening the leadership skills of youth workers, in order to pursue responsible measures and solutions in their local community;
- Develop relevant skills, knowledge and tools needed to deal with different types of conflicts;
- Promote mutual respect, tolerance, solidarity and intercultural dialogue between European countries;
-Participants will share their experiences, putting them at the same time before the challenges and opportunities for development;
- Encourage international cooperation and support for the work of conflict resolution at the local level
- Learn creative examples of activities that could contribute to the transformation of conflicts at the local, national and international levels.
During our project we will use such tools, based on the methodology of non-formal education as brainstorming sessions, workshops, meetings with experts, debates, working in international teams, discussion panels, "ice breakers", games and integration, whether national evenings.
With our project, we hope that the participants not only gain new skills, experience and qualifications, but also will be able to lay the foundations of future projects and future, stable cooperation.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation