One action can change the planet
Start date: Aug 1, 2015,
End date: May 31, 2016
In the European Union we are facing a lot of environmental problems. We are a society which is throwing away lots of things very easily without thinking about the consequences.
We wanted to put the attention on the environmental problems we are facing and think about how we could contribute to an improvement of the actual situation. A clean environment is necessary for the well-being of a human and for his health. To come closer to this goal, from 7th till 17th of September in Vecpiebalga county (Latvia) there meet 20 young people aged 14-20 from 4 different countries (Hungary, Italy, Germany and Latvia), two different environments, from rural and urban areas, with fewer opportunities and facing economical, social and geographical obstacles.
The main themes of the project „One action can change the planet” were environment and climate change, creativity, health and wellbeing.
The aim of the project: to raise awareness of youngsters about our current environmental issues and understanding of how our lifestyle affects our environment and our planet.
Objectives of the project:
• raise awareness about our responsibility concerning our environment as being an EU citizen;
• encourage youngsters to take responsibility in environmental issues;
• to promote cultural diversity and interaction with youth from different countries;
• encourage creativity and the "out of box" thinking, artistic freedom;
• to understand and compare the environmental problems and good examples which are 4 different countries;
• to develop a responsible thinking of the youngsters in order to develop a sense of responsibility in pollution of the environment and wastefulness;
• to promote youth interactions, networks and partnership.
To achieve the goal youth participated in "ice breaking" and team building activities, various creative workshops, group activities, presentations, cultural evenings, outdoor activities and a fashion show created by them.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation