Not just History / Не само История
Start date: Jun 17, 2014,
End date: Dec 11, 2014
„Not just History” is a project that will present how the short-term EVS develops young people, and what youth organizations can do to facilitate the entry of young people in real life and its challenges. The project aims to approbate model for effective cooperation between youth organizations and institutions in mobilizing available resources to address some of the major problems in small towns, such as unemployment, poor arsenal of training and development according to interests, high levels of migration and aging population.
- Implementation of a learning process and provide the opportunity to work on the field of archaeological monument old capital - Veliki Preslav, 28 young people from 7 countries (SP, IT, HU, LV, AZ, GE, TR), within the development program for specific skills in the field of archeology, guiding and handling the collections and the ability to communicate effectively and work in a multicultural team;
- Assessment, certification and giving publicity to the achievements and competencies acquired during the EVS;
- Inter-cultural cooperation for the promotion of entrepreneurship among young people and the local community;
- Improving the quality of youth work, in particular by expanding cooperation between youth organizations and other stakeholders in the smaller settlements.
The program provides two main activities:
1 / a short term EVS,
2 / a seminar for youth workers,
whose methodology is based on the principles of good and transparent governance, participation of all partners in the preparation, implementation and monitoring activities, used of tools from formal and informal learning and performance assessment.
Number and profile of participants:
- EVS: 28 young people, aged 18 to 29 years old, living in small settlements, long-term unemployed, priority will be given of those who have left school early, or at least for the last one year have not used any of educational and training services.
- In a seminar: 20 youth workers - without age limit, but motivated to work with volunteers and to embrace the youth inclusion as an important factor in the personal development of young people themselves.
As a result of project activities, the participants:
- Will learn a new skills linked with new profession,
- We developed key competencies and skills: teamwork and multicultural environment, communication in a foreign language, work with information and digital devices, cultural awareness, learning to learn skills,
- Will be certified and assessed as contributing to the society and its development,
- Will develop their professional skills to work with young people,
- Will make contact,
- Will have access to training materials and documents for the internal organization and operation of NGOs,
- To validate their skills and qualifications through certification.
The project will contribute more for:
- Development of cooperation between youth organizations and public institutions in Veliki Preslav town and partner countries,
- Expanding the international dimension of youth and the role of youth workers and organizations as structures complementary EU external action,
- Encouraging volunteering and involvement of more young people in it,
- Promotion of cultural monuments of Bulgaria (in particular Veliki Preslav town) and its contribution and our place in European history and culture.
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation