Non-Formal Education and Diversity in European You..
Non-Formal Education and Diversity in European Youth Work: Subjects - Methods - Exchange
Start date: Feb 1, 2015,
End date: Jan 31, 2017
The objectives of the project "Non-Formal Education and Diversity in European Youth Work: Subjects - Methods – Exchange” are the imparting of knowledge on claims and causes of diversity and non-formal education within European Youth Work. The core issue for all planned project elements is therefore the term “diversity”. Where does the concept come from? What's behind? What is required? Challenges and opportunities of social change are discussed as well as thinking about normality, as the awareness on own attitudes and values enshrined therein. Experiential spaces of empathy and ways of changing perspectives will be created; experiences and challenges will be discussed and shared. The recognition of different forms of discrimination are taken into consideration in order to go first steps towards a culture of acceptance and appreciation (appreciation of diversity). This will then serve as a platform in order to mutually create new places of learning, discussing expected felicity conditions, networking and gaining new partners for cooperation.
The project line (overall duration 24 months) will consist of several main events:
- Kick-off Meeting “Non-Formal Education and Diversity in European Youth Work” (Contact Making Event, April 2015, Germany)
- First Regional expert´s panel "Group-focused enmity” (Seminar, June 2015, Serbia)
- Training Course for multipliers “Diversity aware international youth work” (Diversitätsbewusste internationale Jugendarbeit) (TC, October 2015, Germany)
- Second Regional expert´s panel “Diversity & Inclusion” (Seminar, March 2016, Bosnia-Hercegovina)
- Evaluation Meeting “Non-Formal Education and Diversity in European Youth Work: Subjects - Methods – Exchange” (Seminar, May 2016, Germany)
Get Access to the 1st Network for European Cooperation